King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

They don’t. They’ve one of the best 15s in the country but when you go behind that, it’s quite slim pickings.

1 Like

What was his role there? Selector?

Clubs have to ratify this. There could be another twist in the road yet.

Would ye consider Babs?

We’d have a great time for Babs.

1 Like

He can bring much needed Limerickness to this Galway set up

Part of the management team. Noel Maloney was manager as far as I know. It was a bit of a weird set up.

If Shane gets them into the top three in Leinster, you’d have to call him a resounding success

Tipperary by far and away have the most talent in their squad. Galway are in need of a bit of rebuilding job. I very much doubt o neill will do that.

Will a Hot Beverage company be replacing Supermacs as the county sponsor?

2 Likes

Don’t agree at all that Galway need rebuilding. They’ve a younger profile than tipp. They’re in a very similar position.

Age profile is fairly irrelevant when comparing tipp to say a limerick/Galway.

Tipp actually have a fine blend age wise and a few of the younger players started coming good in sub roles as this year wore on.

Most of the Galway team are around the 27-30 mark I’d say… Still a good age profile but not much of a blend there - they haven’t brought too many of the minor teams players through, and they haven’t had a big impact at U20/U21 either.

The one big problem Galway have is a real lack of pace .

1 Like

Will he be bringing Bermo up as part of his management team?:smiley:

Thinly veiled, they’re a bunch of Supermacs-scoffing fat cunts

1 Like

Who are these young guns you speak of?

Shur they had pace a few years ago and they were told they were all too small and light!

Party over when Joe retires.

1 Like

@glasagusban suggests the age profile of tipp and Galway are similar but reality is tipp have far more scoring options than Galway. Teams like limerick and Galway rely on exceptional work rate and a system to win games. As the age profile gets older it gets much harder for their players to keep matching teams like tipp. I thought Galway looked very old against limerick in 2018. They’d little pace in the team and couldn’t live with limerick. Unless Galway find 3 or 4 new players I don’t see them challenging.

1 Like