King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Agreed. If he tried to start rebuilding he’ll probably just end up doing the hard work for somebody else.

Yeah they should have won in 15 and or 16 really, might as well try squeeze the last few drops out of canning and david burke now the rebuild is just over the horizon.

Galway went big as they had to compete with Kilkenny and dublin, but theres a limit to the lifespan of it alright

Agree, but glennon has shown time and time again that for whatever reason he is not a senior IC hurler, and should be jettisoned. The others have all sparked on occasion at least.

To play devils advocate, hes not an all star but hes popped up at times with scores and won important frees. He has a terrible style and strike but i thibk he gets scapegoated as hes an awful cunt off the field

Very best of luck to O’Neill and Galway next year.

Thanks auld stock! A galway/limerick Final in 2020 is a formality

1 Like

I might let the Limerick lads out to play this time.

Your handling of them before the All Ireland that time was one of the most impressive feets ever seen. Your County owes you

3 Likes

What’s the story with Donal O’Shea, any chance of him kicking on next year? Evan Niland will surely get a few games. Sean Mcdonagh is the real deal but it will be at least 2021 before he gets a look, Jack Canning then as well if he comes back. Talk is Eamon Brannigan is finished with the footballers and may be worth a proper look. Really they are looking for 1 or 2 to freshen up the starting 15 but 4 or 5 new options in the subs too.

Brannigan was hurling with Rahoon/Newcastle. He’s pacy alright but pretty braindead on the ball

Hopefully O’Neill ditches the earpiece from his Na. Piarsaigh days

1 Like

Sure its impossible to say with minors. O shea had great vision but seemed a but slow even at that level hurling wise. Macdonagh looked good but who knows where he’ll be in a few years. Niland at least does perform at club level but is kinda between the stools of being light and not lightning fast for his size. A knacky forward but has potential

Fintan Burke should be a big addition next year

5 Likes

Would they squeeze him into corner back

Will the clubs ratify him? Will the players play for him? I’ve a feeling there is more to come on this story.

What a cluster fuck of a situation…

1 Like

Joe Canning hardly knows who Shane O’Neill is, like.

He is only coming up for a look at the mighty Liam Mellows on Sunday

And Fintan.

This appointment will be a disaster I fear.
An outsider with zero profile going into a county in turmoil. It’s hardly an inspiring appointment.

1 Like