King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

William o Donahue is 24 and it was his first year really starting for limerick

You can only bate what’s out in front of you. Ye may have bate fuck all but ye are worthy champions nonetheless. Ye mutant bastards.

Ya, he started by the age of 24. Which he’d want to be doing to be honest.

He was also a little bit unlucky with NaP doing so well and being involved in Club AI

Exactly. I think people are far too quick to write off gaa players. People are starting to write obituaries for lads approaching 28. It’s nonsense. The resurgence in form of so many of Tipp’s best players shows that.

I wouldbr be going over board about ‘resurgence’ — Tipp were decent last year but no where near where they were a couple of years ago — handy QF and Semi – and to be fair, they totally smashed KK . There’s mileage there alright but properly motivated, that team will be there or there abouts.

No they certainly were not. Last year they were looking like being on the slide. But a huge turnaround this year. The Sheedy effect. You’d wonder if the drive, hunger, desire etc will be as strong in 2020, and what kind of toll the effort of 2019 took on the bodies. If they are in the same mould again next year Tipp could very well beat the 2 in a row hoodoo

They were proper shite the year before. They impressive but streaky last year. They may have beat fuck all but they won the fucking thing and that’s all that matters the horrible bastards.

Sheedy and co are all out for back to back. Next year decideds their legacy.

Who will be in with O’Neill on the management ticket… will he bring a few up from Limerick with him?

1 Like

Fitz

No denying that — they’ll always be a tough opponent when motivated but this version of Tipp are no where near where they were 2,3,4,5 years ago - there’s certainly mileage creeping in.

All shite talk and internet point scoring aside - Limerick left one behind them this year – KK tore into us for 20 mins and we couldnt recover on the score board… Tipp showed how poor KK actually are. Sheedy has done a super job but I still think they are on the wane.

Limerick blew the all Ireland. Too focused on golf and not hurling. We can thank Jp for the 2019 abomination.

1 Like

JP gave LImerick the All Ireland they won. Without him and Big Joe they’d have nothing.

I kind of agree with both sides here. Sheedy didn’t trust/feel the need to bring on the young subs all year and it was a pure desperation move to bring them on v wexford once McGrath got the line.

That said they more than proved their worth over the semi and final.

We’d have won 5 if it wasn’t for his interference. Don’t be deluded by one all Ireland.

you should be banned for saying that

1 Like

Agreed

It’s all about the all Ireland semi final and final. That’s where legends are made. Heroes are born. Memories created. The rest is an irrelevance nowadays.

You cant win 5 without winning 1. Limerick would have won nothing without JP and Joe.