King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

This is true though, last year I was refereeing a match. One lady, one of the main offenders of personal abuse strangely enough, kept pulling back her opponent off the ball every time her opponent tried to make a supporting run. The third time it happened, I told her I was watching her. About five minutes later she approached and started shouting that she wasn’t comfortable with what I’d said. :grimacing:

11 Likes

:smile:

They need to get with the times.

75 is buttons when you consider the style, fit and taper.

1 Like

Buy well, buy wance. (or twice)

Tipp’s young players had fuck all impact on their season. Tipp beat Wexford solely due to Wexford’s collective collapse. You can’t say the young players had any impact on the final either.

I think Galway compare very favourably to the hardy aul bastard of a spine that Tipp have. Line them up side by side and least half if not more of the Galway players are superior.

Galway’s fortunes all depend on whether their players can reach the form we know they are capable of.

Pretty ridiculous talk. Someone had to put the ball over the bar

1 Like

This simply isn’t true however loud you shout. Dear me.

They got four points from the bench when the game was in the melting pot against Wexford, who could only manage one. Probably the main reason Tipp got to a final in the first place was the impact their bench had.

Sure the final was pretty much won when the bench was emptied against Kilkenny, but they “drove it on” with five points.

As the Mahers*, McGraths and Callanans move on, Tipp at least have already blooded the next generation, and done so on the big stage (and done so successfully). Galway have yet to start that.

*There’ll always be Mahers

1 Like

Of course they did, and fair play to them. But the deciding of that game was Wexford’s collapse. Tipp’s young players didn’t influence the result of the final, it was long decided. Flatty’s argument that Tipp’s young players had an impact on the all Ireland win doesn’t bear up to scrutiny.

I’m not sure why you read posts in a shouty voice.

That young lad in the tipp backs started iirc and wasn’t far off motm.

Barry Heffernan is 24 in fairness, same age as Ronan Maher

1 Like

You’d want to be making the starting team by 24 years of age wouldn’t you, in fairness?

Hogan is 23. Barret is 26, Heffernan and Maher 24, Brendan and Paraic Maher 30. Seamus Kennedy 26. Noel McGrath 28, Breen 25, Dan McCormack 26, Bubbles 28, Niall O’Meara 26, Forde 25, Callinan 31, McGrath is 25

That’s 11 of the starting 15 in the AI final at or coming into their prime.
5 of the subs that came on were young lads.

I was guilty of thinking Tipp were finished… they have a load of miles left in the clock

Bit of a difference between age and ‘miles on the clock’… fellas of 28/29/30 there have a lot of it played, mental fatigue and hunger equally as big an issue as physical condition for lads who have been on the road since they were 19.

1 Like

Sure Tipp bate nothing on their way to winning the All Ireland, wait till the league starts in February, then we’ll see how good they are.

1 Like

They only daycent game they got from from a half drunk Laois side.

3 Likes

You certainly couldn’t say Brendan & Padraic Maher and Noel McGrath were fatigued or lacked hunger this year.

Sheedy wouldn’t hang about if the thought they wouldn’t go again. He’ll get every ounce out of them or he’ll bring a young lad in that has won an AI (senior or u21) to replace them. They are in a very, very good place.

1 Like