King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

3 Likes

Be great if Killeen could nail that spot

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/306590

Match Report

1 Like

He’s no Daithi

3 Likes

Might free up Daithi to CB, his best position.

2 Likes

Full back is more important. You need a dinger there not a stop gap

Daithi, being found out at the position was the reason we got tossed out of last years Championship. He’s more useful to us elsewhere if we had a solid and trustworthy FB

I’d agree his form was poor but when on song he’s out best 3. Killeen isn’t tall enough in my mind.

Ah here. Best FB in the country the previous 4 years. He had a knock last year.

1 Like

Where you play him if he is not full back?

Certainly it’s wishful thinking to suggest Killeen can be that full back we need, I just don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet though, I am hoping we will next season. I think Daithi could really marshall our defense from Centre. Half back line has issues Gearoíd Mac gets exposed too often and how much more can we expect from Aiden Harte. We need a big rebound year from P Mannion or we can forget it

1 Like

Daithi Burke hasn’t the hurling for centre back

1 Like

I refer you to the post above

Fail

There needs to be a health warning with this lads posts on hurling

2 Likes

Thankyou very much indeed. Great to see such a raft of lads getting a chance.

Killeen is supposed to be a great trainer and a top lad. He was hurling really well when he got injured. Struggled a bit since, but didn’t they all.
Who played well for galway and Clare @Raylan?

Yeah, his form is key to the backs clicking. He was shocking last year.

They’ve had a long break from the county scene which should serve them well however Daithis exploits with Corofin will again limit his hurling in 2020 you’d imagine.

The date change is massive. Even if corofin win it that’ll be January and he can given a few months off no need to see him in the league.

2 Likes

See ye later boys

The Mick Sylver Cup and our County Intermediate champions will give a visit to Fahy’s of Nogra later this evening from 9:30pm.

Its great to be bringing the Cup down to Doorus, the home of many a great hurler in today’s team and also down through the years.

When we last won the Intermediate in 1966, local Doorus men included the O’Connor brothers - Willie, Tony, Jimmy and Joe, John Curtin and Michael Mahon. The list is endless for the decades before and after that.

Thanks to Elaine for hosting us and for her continued support.

3 Likes