King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

He packed it in after less than a year I think. Wasn’t enjoying it.

It won’t interfere with the arthritis, rheumatism or other ailments I have, will it?.

Look at the 15 selected and think about it. You’ve seen them all. Incredible minor XV…

And you’ve a bit of your cousin in you, or vice versa

PJ clearly investing a lot in SW this year. Hes putting pressure on some of these lads and rightly so

Galway manager PĂĄdraic Joyce hopes his captain Shane Walsh can continue his rich vein of scoring form in the upcoming league campaign.

Walsh finished Saturday’s FBD League final win over Roscommon at Dr Hyde Park with 1-8 to his name and, speaking to the Irish Independent, after the final whistle, Joyce enthused: “He is a class footballer and I have watched a lot of them over the years.

“He has got both feet and would remind you of Maurice Fitzgerald and these lads that played in the good times way back. The reason we gave him captaincy is he has shown great leadership since we came in.

“He is 26, he is pushing on and it’s time for him to show the country what he can do.

“Hopefully he can continue to do that during the league.”

3 Likes

2 Likes

Fuck Jason Flynn off the panel and that’s some team for League

All Ireland Champions in waiting.

That Kilcommins fella is supposed to be a good bit of stuff; looks a fairly strong team. I don’t recall seeing Haran play midfield before but did he play there when he first broke onto the senio panel?

I saw him v Dublin in Walsh Cup last week. He got a couple of brilliant points. Quick and strong

1 Like

TJ is a proper corner-back name

Wing forward i think. Winter hurler is the general take

He is very young, 18 or 19? Presumably if he is with the hurlers now his rugby days are done, I’m sure he got games with Ireland at underage.

Haran is in his 30s i think

Oh ya twas Kilcommins I was talking about. Is Murphy likely to be the answer to the perennial goalkeeping question?

28 according to google

Daycent team.
Plenty of newish faces.
Theyll need a few timber merchants.
Really looking forward to this season as usual.

1 Like

Jaysus hurlers from Annaghdown on the county team. That brilliant minor last year Mc Donsgh was Mountbellew moylough I think. Would have been unthinkable 20 years age. We’ll have a few Connies hurling next

Brace for impact

4 Likes

Kilcommins has genuine pace. Think he’s played on the wing for various Ireland underage rugby sides. Not sure what his rugby status is at the moment. I thought he was in the Connacht academy but he’d hardly be lining out for Galway if he was you’d imagine.

He got an offer to stay academy below what he was expecting and took a break from it.