King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Man of the match in both the semi-final and final is some going, player for the big occasion and just the type of lad needed.

Is Steede related to the ex women’s rugby player, Fiona, married to the bull Hayes

I very much doubt it, the fact she is from Tipperary means the family tree is unlikely to cross county boundaries and she spells her surname differently. There was a Steede from Belclare who got to the semifinal of Countdown a few years back who I presume is of his clan.

1 Like

Her father is a staunch Tribesman, doesn’t even have too much interest in hurling to be fair but would walk a 100 mile on a cold wet night to watch a football match once one of his greyhounds wasn’t running. Not sure what part of Galway he’s from though.

There was an Eddie Steede on the Corofin team that bet Erins Isle in the club final back in the mid 90s

That’s his father alright

Is Angie still the club secretary for Isles?

Not Sure. It wouldn’t be my club. After some very lean years their underage section is thriving again which is great to see

Not a debut

Plays CF mainly Jimmy…he went in goal last season’s intermediate championship for peno shoot out and saved two

1 Like

How come steede hasn’t played for Galway before?

Starting debut I think

He wasn’t trusty enough

Thought he started against down a few years ago but I could be wrong…either way he’ll be a good addition…Joyce was and is really trying to get Dathai Burke in with the footballers

1 Like

If Daithi joins the footballers he will end up with 3 Senior All Ireland medals in one year

1 Like

Steede gave a year or two playing AFL back in the day, and probably wasn’t overly bothered with inter county on his return.

1 Like

You’re wrong

What age is he?

Didn’t a 46-year-old make their debut for Waterford last year?

1 Like

He turns 29 in a few weeks. There have been older lads for sure making their full debut but I can’t recall any with Galway for a long time.