King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

Thatā€™s brilliant. That speech was incredible. To think he was only 23 when he made it.

Dermot Crowe is a great writer. A real wordsmith

2 Likes

I hurled with Dermot in N.a. Fianna. A gent.

2 Likes

Few days late with the Galway SFC draw. All Ireland senior and intermediate champions playing each other first the early highlight.

1 Like

Why is group 4 divided into A and B?

All I could find.

The 18 participating clubs will be split into five groups under the revised format. Three groups will contain four teams each and the remaining two groups will each have three teams. The top two in each of the four-team groups will qualify directly for the quarter-finals. First and second place teams in each of the three-team groups will cross-play with those two winners also going forward to the last eight.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to see the production values on display hereā€¦

Statement from Galway GAA.

Galway GAA, in partnership with Nemeton TV and Galway Bay FM are delighted to announce that several upcoming Club Hurling & Football Championship games will be Live Streamed as part of a new initiative we are introducing for 2020.

Live Streaming provides an opportunity for a vast local & international audience to view selected Club Championship games online; facilitating those who are unable to attend due to current supporter number restrictions at games.

We are kicking off this activity with coverage of the following Brooks Group Sponsored Senior Hurling Championship games,

Saturday July 25th

Liam Mellows vs Turloughmore
St. Thomasā€™ vs. Castlegar

Sunday July 26th

Gort vs. Craughwell
Further information will be circulated by end of this week outlining the mechanism for accessing these games and the programme of upcoming Live Streaming Club fixtures.

Fundraising?

As in is it expected from this? The clubs are all getting 200 tickets each there might be a few more interested and every club would have the diaspora but I donā€™t see it as a money spinner

Johnny Glynn back, big boost.

Good to see him finally able to return home and recovering from the PTSD he suffered after Mike Casey marking him.

:rollseyes:

1 Like

Surprised an experienced poster got hooked there.

What is he experienced in?

It is if he stays. If heā€™s commuting itā€™s a total non runner, and a disruption.
I think SON is shrude enough to see this.

I presume heā€™s staying. I wouldnā€™t imagine it would look great for a lad to be coming over and back from New York every few weeks to play hurling in these times. Was always a mad thing to do anyway

Big Johnny Glynn back would be a huge boost. Especially as heā€™s already immune to the virus for a while after shitting it out of himself overnight a few months ago in NYC.

2 Likes

I wonder has anyone told him it was a breathalyser he was tested with.

Has the work dried up over there for him or something? Last I heard it seemed like he was settling over there for the long haul. Now heā€™s coming back apparently. Anyway hope he gets sorted with a job over here.

Certainly brings something to Galway. Just look at the impact he had against Kilkenny in Nowlan Park last Summer. They really couldnā€™t deal with him at all.

Played in his best position at 12, he is very effective. Itā€™s not like Galway have a big selection of ball winners in the HF line.

1 Like

Has anyone done this? Is it legit how does it work etc?