King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

where does it say bullying?

Sorry, didnā€™t realise you were that slow on the uptake. The below is fairly text book bullying through misuse of power.

From article above.

ā€œDavy Oā€™Halloran says that he was not allowed access to the team changing rooms, forced to tog out separately, he was prevented from wearing the panelā€™s gear to training, he was unable to be involved in matches or travel to them, no dialogue was allowed with other team mates at sessions and he was made to train alone in a corner of the pitch doing intensive physical workā€

2 Likes

How has there not been more talk of Donohue walking away? He was obviously interested if he was involved in the process for a bit, why did he walk away?

The politics of Galway hurling made him sick to the teeth, he played it and thatā€™s why he walked away form it.

10 Likes

Did Davy break a drinking ban?

A sad indictment of where Galway hurling is at. Confirmation that weā€™re a non entity when this once proud thread has been taken over with trivial squabbles from a neighbouring county.

4 Likes

I could be more pacific

1 Like

Are your problems worse than Clares?

We could do with a Brian Lohan.

Ye could do with a Davy

youā€™re bullying me

1 Like

You tell me? He says in the article he didnā€™t. I wouldnā€™t want to go down the road of innuedo which you hate so much as there is a lot more that story re double standards and drinking bans.

No idea. Terms and conditions I assume. He has had a few years to work out the gaps that were there during first tenure and I assume they are costly gapsā€¦

Itā€™s Galway. We expect it. In truth, I think MOD went last time at the right time, especially if the rumors were true about struggling constantly with finances Itā€™s also a sign of the man that he stood by his principles and didnā€™t kowtow to the county board.
I absolutely agree, Iā€™d be very interested in why he withdrew this time, when he clearly hadnā€™t ruled it out initially.
I think malarkey had it right, that MOD with someone like EOS would have been a great team together, but they simply cannot compete if they are constantly having to try and scrounge money to keep things afloat.
Neither may have wanted it when it boiled down to it either.
I still think the S&C is wrong across all grades.

2 Likes

The real question for hurling fans across the country is thisā€¦

Would you fear Galway more with Davy in charge or Hanley/Lynskey?

The answer is an easy oneā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with this tbh.

Or

nobody ever feared Galway

I think Sylvie would beg to differ.

psychological fear mate, sure itā€™s only timber