King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

We scored more bud. :pint:

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740291, member: 348”]bold and underlined above is sarcasm. “nearly” I was also being patronising.

and i wanted evidence to suggest we were horrified about galway, coming to leinster., all you show is that wexford were horrified with the addenda to the motions.

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Arial]“Former Central Council delegate, Tony Dempsey*, questioned the suggestion that should Galway refuse to participate in the Leinster Championship they would be omitted from the Liam McCarthy Cup. ‘I’m amazed with that. What’s that going to do for hurling?’ he asked.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

Pat Doyle then stated:
"[SIZE=14px][FONT=Arial]'I’m not pushing the boat out for Leinster Council. I express my bitter disappointment with [Duffy].[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px]‘On the night of the Leinster Council meeting it was agreed that should Galway’s participation be passed at Congress, that after three years should it not be working, the Leinster Council would pull the plug themselves. That’s not included in the motion. I’m unhappy with that.’[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]Wexford overwhelmingly opposed the motion (not the idea) to come before Special Congress."[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px]Ironic that Wexford were sop concerned with what not having Galway playing the Laim McCarthy would od for hurling, we should get our own house in order first.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]maroonandwhite i believe you have met Mr. Dempsey, a gent and a hurling man.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]There are underage structures in pace such the ASH, advanced school of hurling which takes kids fomr the age 8 and up…i can send you a pm on further issues if you so wish.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Your splitting hairs here. It certainly seems Wexford didn’t want Galway kicked out of Liam McCarthy but they didn’t want them in Leinster either. Ill find more references later. You previously called Galway chokers. If you think that by definition you must think they were better than kk cork and tipp in those finals and ‘choked’ in not winning when they should have. Do you think this? I don’t certainly cork in 05 and kk last year were better teams than us. And we hardly got disgraced. The 01 final is a debate me and Harry will have some early morning here when we’re both flaming drunk. You do present a rather coherent argument, bar the choking claim. In stark contrast to the pathetic wum wannabe croppy boy.

[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]The chokers tag was one affixed after the 1991 All-Irleand, I trust you are familiar with same.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]It may “seem” that Wexford did not want Galway in Leinster, but I find that highly unlikely as competition can only help teams progress, that and the same. Why would we fear a team that has only beaten us once in the existence of the association*. You may find evidence contrary to this but i wouldnt waste your time.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]“And we hardly got disgraced.”[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]You should be looking to win rather than not making a disgrace youself.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]You seem to have a strange affinity with losing sports franchises.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=1]*in championship hurling and football[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740346, member: 348”][FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]The chokers tag was one affixed after the 1991 All-Irleand, I trust you are familiar with same.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]It may “seem” that Wexford did not want Galway in Leinster, but I find that highly unlikely as competition can only help teams progress, that and the same. Why would we fear a team that has only beaten us once in the existence of the association*. You may find evidence contrary to this but i wouldnt waste your time.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]“And we hardly got disgraced.”[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]You should be looking to win rather than not making a disgrace youself.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]You seem to have a strange affinity with losing sports franchises.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=1]*in championship hurling and football[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I presume you mean the 1990 all Ireland. Your mistake on the date is further evidence of the sloppiness of your general argument. The fact that that team may well have choked bares no relevance whatsoever to the four losses since where on three occasions we were clearly beaten by the better team. You seem to be ignoring this and you can’t possibly justify it finding it easier to tar all Galway teams with a derogatory stereotype rather than present evidence to back up this stereotype. If i were to label all wexfordians as strawberry munching invasion inviters would you consider this fair? The fact we have beaten you so little is due to wexfords pathetic record of emerging from Leinster in both codes throughout the associations history. We quite simply never got the opportunity when we had strong teams. On the few occasions Wexford did play us they had to have had strong teams as they had emerged from Leinster. they then would have played Galway teams in semis that were there because that was our first match of the year, regardless of how strong we were. In years where we had strong hurling teams Wexford were never good enough to emerge from Leinster, if they were they would have been easily dispatched. Put it another way if Galway were in Leinster the last 30 years we would have a clear advantage. If we were in it the last 60
It would be a lot more balanced. But relying on these clearly distorted records is fools gold.

[quote=“maroonandwhite, post: 740350, member: 1406”]I presume you mean the 1990 all Ireland. Your mistake on the date is further evidence of the sloppiness of your general argument. The fact that that team may well have choked bares no relevance whatsoever to the four losses since where on three occasions we were clearly beaten by the better team. You seem to be ignoring this and you can’t possibly justify it finding it easier to tar all Galway teams with a derogatory stereotype rather than present evidence to back up this stereotype. If i were to label all wexfordians as strawberry munching invasion inviters would you consider this fair? The fact we have beaten you so little is due to wexfords pathetic record of emerging from Leinster in both codes throughout the associations history. We quite simply never got the opportunity when we had strong teams. On the few occasions Wexford did play us they had to have had strong teams as they had emerged from Leinster. they then would have played Galway teams in semis that were there because that was our first match of the year, regardless of how strong we were. In years where we had strong hurling teams Wexford were never good enough to emerge from Leinster, if they were they would have been easily dispatched. Put it another way if Galway were in Leinster the last 30 years we would have a clear advantage. If we were in it the last 60
It would be a lot more balanced. But relying on these clearly distorted records is fools gold.[/quote]

So your rule here is that is Wexford beat a team from Galway that team is then weak. Yes?

Galway choked in 2005. That Cork team was there for the taking.

Which is it am? Am i coherent or sloppy?

apologies re the date, galway have lost so many all Irelands its hard to keep track which year which one, but i suppose at least ye got there.

“you can’t possibly justify it finding it easier to tar all Galway teams with a derogatory stereotype rather than present evidence to back up this stereotype”

the nature of stereotypes is that they are not fair, until Galway win the title I can call them chokers all i want, similar to Spain in soccer they are no longer chokers as they have taken an opportunity to win. How many opportunities to win have galway had since their last victory? and failed, better teams against them or not the opportunity in a do or die game was there…

Any opportunity you got against Wexford outside of Leinster you failed at

We dont have the best record at emerging out of our province but at least ye do in one code.

“On the few occasions Wexford did play us they had to have had strong teams” 1996 worst team to ever win the all Ireland, still beat ye. dont care how bad ye were, still beat ye.

“IF” if my hole if any other team were in Connacht they’d have more titles by now…chokers, Mayo and Roscommon have 1 title each, bar the ten years galway were in Munster they came out every other year and have how many titles? 4.

bad return sport, bad return.

:popcorn:

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740357, member: 348”]Which is it am? Am i coherent or sloppy?

apologies re the date, galway have lost so many all Irelands its hard to keep track which year which one, but i suppose at least ye got there.

“you can’t possibly justify it finding it easier to tar all Galway teams with a derogatory stereotype rather than present evidence to back up this stereotype”

the nature of stereotypes is that they are not fair, until Galway win the title I can call them chokers all i want, similar to Spain in soccer they are no longer chokers as they have taken an opportunity to win. How many opportunities to win have galway had since their last victory? and failed, better teams against them or not the opportunity in a do or die game was there…

Any opportunity you got against Wexford outside of Leinster you failed at

We dont have the best record at emerging out of our province but at least ye do in one code.

“On the few occasions Wexford did play us they had to have had strong teams” 1996 worst team to ever win the all Ireland, still beat ye. dont care how bad ye were, still beat ye.

“IF” if my hole if any other team were in Connacht they’d have more titles by now…chokers, Mayo and Roscommon have 1 title each, bar the ten years galway were in Munster they came out every other year and have how many titles? 4.

bad return sport, bad return.[/quote]

Christ that’s a hopeless argument. So it ok to call a team choker because you feel like it and no evidence is there to back it up. So I can call Wexford Kilkennys little bitches until they bet them again and that’s ok? A lot more evidence that Wexford play dead at the sight of a Kilkenny jersey than there is of Galway choking. At least you’ve admitted you have none of the latter. Yes the Wexford 96 team was the worst team to win the all Ireland in the last 30 years, but it was wexfords best team in that period an they met a poor galway team. The fact they managed to get over them only reinforces my point. Would that Wexford team have beaten a decent Galway team. The 2001 team for example? Not likely. While Galway have a bad return they’ve always played provincial champions at semis and have had to beat both champions to win all Ireland’s. that makes those 4 all Ireland’s harder won than almost all that were won by teams who came through the ulster semi route at least. Keep making my argument for me there.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 740355, member: 306”]So your rule here is that is Wexford beat a team from Galway that team is then weak. Yes?

Galway choked in 2005. That Cork team was there for the taking.[/quote]

There for the taking? Some analysis here. That cork team had easily beaten Kilkenny the previous year and should have beaten them the year before that if Gardiner could hit frees. That was a brilliant cork team. It’s not a rule that when Wexford beat Galway that Galway team is weak but that certainly was the case in 1996. And it’s a true statement on the balance of probabilities. Wexford had o have been strong to previously get out of Leinster. While the Galway team didn’t have to be anything, they were there automatically. Some were strong, some, if not more were weak. But holding on tight to history books is a joke of an argument. So if Galway played Wexford every year in the last ten who’d have the upper hand? Galway would, history is irrelevant anyway but it’s all Wexford have at the moment. If they were less concerned with harkening back to 1996 and more concerned with what the make up if the team will be in 2016 they might make an impact.

[FONT=Segoe UI]“[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]Christ that’s a hopeless argument. So it ok to call a team choker because you feel like it and no evidence is there to back it up.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]1990 is the evidence, the hurling team that represents the county will not shed this lable until they win, 21 years later and they havent one, due to the vast impcat this major choakge had on galway peoples psyche.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]“So I can call Wexford Kilkennys little bitches until they bet them again and that’s ok?” [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Yes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]“A lot more evidence that Wexford play dead at the sight of a Kilkenny jersey than there is of Galway choking. “[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Who’s arguing with you in relation to this?[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]“Would that Wexford team have beaten a decent Galway team. The 2001 team for example? Not likely. While Galway have a bad return they’ve always played provincial champions at semis and have had to beat both champions to win all Ireland’s. that makes those 4 all Ireland’s harder won than almost all that were won by teams who came through the ulster semi route at least. Keep making my argument for me there[/FONT]”
[FONT=Segoe UI]“Woulds” and “ifs” and “buts” and “almost” have no place in arguments in relation to sports. All that matters is the score at the end.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Wexford 6 Galway 4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Deal with it, might be different in 3 years but for now thems the cold ahrd facts, Deal with it.[/FONT]

You can never rule out Galway Ger.

Galway fear no one except Waterford in Thurles :eek:

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740362, member: 348”][FONT=Segoe UI]“[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]Christ that’s a hopeless argument. So it ok to call a team choker because you feel like it and no evidence is there to back it up.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]1990 is the evidence, the hurling team that represents the county will not shed this lable until they win, 21 years later and they havent one, due to the vast impcat this major choakge had on galway peoples psyche.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]“So I can call Wexford Kilkennys little bitches until they bet them again and that’s ok?” [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Yes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]“A lot more evidence that Wexford play dead at the sight of a Kilkenny jersey than there is of Galway choking. “[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Who’s arguing with you in relation to this?[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]“Would that Wexford team have beaten a decent Galway team. The 2001 team for example? Not likely. While Galway have a bad return they’ve always played provincial champions at semis and have had to beat both champions to win all Ireland’s. that makes those 4 all Ireland’s harder won than almost all that were won by teams who came through the ulster semi route at least. Keep making my argument for me there[/FONT]”
[FONT=Segoe UI]“Woulds” and “ifs” and “buts” and “almost” have no place in arguments in relation to sports. All that matters is the score at the end.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Wexford 6 Galway 4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Deal with it, might be different in 3 years but for now thems the cold ahrd facts, Deal with it.[/FONT][/quote]

Yes ye have the history over us. (It’s Galway 9 Wexford 4 in football by the way) will ye have the future, time to get yer house in order.

Does a southern galway man like yourself care about football…

The only hook you ever saw was the tombolo you call home

Why was Tony Keady suspended that time?

Stop Galway winning three in a row and hand tipp an all Ireland they couldn’t win on the field…but supposedly he played in America illegally.

That doesn’t sound very realistic

Hard to believe alright but it happened.

[quote=“Fran, post: 740212, member: 110”]Galway lads losing the run of themselves again in February

Some things never change[/quote]
like the cuckoo in summer, it signals the start of spring