King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

This is just not true. Christ Mike. Weā€™ve had brilliant dedicated hurlers. Lots of them.

2 Likes

have you read any of your posts for the last few years?

Most of mine are winding ye lads up, but a notable few of ye are too thick to see it.

1 Like

The talent was there but the necessary liathroidi wasnā€™t. They are the 4 that generally played well even in the wojous team performances, of which there were many. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve missed a few others. Feel free to name them.

Kevin Broderick

1 Like

A lad sitting at home on his arse who never did anything calling hundreds of intercounty hurlers windy is just ridiculous

1 Like

so you seem negative and bitter but thatā€™s a wind up. And everything else everyone posts is entirely serious and you end up wound upā€¦ good lad

and you were moaning

This is a theme going back a few years now with you, since 2018 in fact.

What is your ideal body shape for a hurler flatty? what stage would you like them to stop being better?

It has always appeared to me that the intense club rivalry in Galway negatively impacts on the county team. I think there have always been people within the squad who just donā€™t like each other and arenā€™t prepared to sacrifice themselves for them.

Iā€™d be good friends with a former Galway player and selector and, whilst his passion for Galway hurling isnā€™t in any doubt, it always both surprised and amused me, the vitriol heā€™d reserve for other clubs and individuals within the county.

I always felt that MicheĆ”l Donoghueā€™s greatest achievement was not so much the winning of the 2017 All-Ireland, but the fact that he got that group on the same page. If you can achieve that, Galway will always be thereabouts in the championship.

2 Likes

A lad I hurled with was a Galway minor years back. He said there were lads would rather hit it out over the line than pass it to a team mate due to club rivalry. In a way, you love to see it, but :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Powers, clearly in a derisory mood, offered them at 50/1 to bring home the Golden Fleece next year. Thereā€™s no cash out option. All I need now is a controversial appointment, bullish talk and Iā€™m on a good thing.
2ā€™22 will be won, not in the gym but on tā€™internetā€¦ā€¦

Iā€™ll be shot potentially, but I think oranmore-maree is the key to the future of Galway Hurling. That shower of rednecks consider themselves city elite nowadays.

Galway need to get out of Leinster.

Leinster needs to get out of Galway.

I know of a good few Tipp players who went up to Galway boozing one November weekend about 7/8 years back. They bumped into Joe Canning and a few of the Portumna crew. Canning couldnā€™t believe the Tipp lads were socializing together in the off season. The Galway lads only drank together after games and wouldnā€™t pal around much after that.

1 Like

Saturday Results

Galway SFC QFā€™s

Annaghdown 2-13 Mountbellew-Moylough 4-12 AET
Milltown 0-8 Corofin 1-12

Galway IFC QFā€™s

OileƔin Arann 0-18 Oranmore-Maree 1-9
Naomh Anna Leitir Mor 1-12 Killererin 1-8

Galway SHC Prelim QF

Loughrea 1-7 Clarinbridge 1-10

1 Like

Shock that Loughrea beaten?

Not really. Clarinbridge have plenty of talent when they put it together. Looked like a game that could go either way. Thought Loughrea might dog it out in the bad conditions but not this time.

2 Likes

Is MOD working with the bridge?

A great day for us Turlougheen haters

3 Likes

A big upset

1 Like

Jaykers, just saw Turlough were beaten. Was following the score on WTS and they seemed to be cruising. 9 points up at one stage. I didnā€™t even bother looking at the score after that.