King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

I suppose that’s what I’m getting at. Does he have to try to recreate the davy-ball he was going for with Wexford or will he look at a different panel of players with different attributes and take a different tack. The Wexford players really did seem to hold him in high esteem which suggests to me he has developed as a manager.

On the other hand if he manages to get Galway playing the total hurling that Wexford approached in that AI semi final…

The same 12/14 players he picked every day. Despised by the rest of the panel.

Ye were afraid of a hiding. Understandable really.

2 Likes

Galway and Davy is the perfect match so it is.

Were they only turning out 12/14? Imagine what he could have achieved if he put 15 out.

The squad will be riddled with hamstring tears next May and June.

There’s a small chance that Davy can get them purring this season before it all goes to shit. I’d say Galway will be hard bet in the league

Joe may never hurl again even for his club

The pressure will be in from day one. Galway fans place great emphasis on the league. cc @flattythehurdler

Johnny ‘The Vacuum’ Coen would be an ideal sweeper.

@flattythehurdler already thinks everyone is agin em, I’m afraid Davy’s paranoia could push him over the edge altogether

The Limerick lads are falling over themselves here. Don’t know where to look. Over the shoulder, in the bushes, in the long grass. They’re obsessed with Galway.
I heard PJ is picking up Davy’s mileage tab.

The Davy appointment already has the Limerick lads absolutely hopping.

The league game in '22 will be off the charts lads. There’ll be a serious volume of posting here.

1 Like

Maybe he’s the perfect fit for the Galway mentality? (The everyone agin em mentality as opposed to the racist moron bigot Nogra mentality)

And to think, there were lads who thought no one would touch Davy. Davy is box office. Everything has been leading up to this point.

I’d expect the Galway county board to be presenting a much healthier balance sheet after a year or two of Davy’s fund-raising.

I hear he already has a sum of money he wishes to donate to get it up and running.

1 Like

I’d be expecting some of Galway’s top businesspeople to be putting their hands in the pockets before the year is out. RTÉ surely have a few quid put aside for a new Davy in Galway reality series.

And undoubtedly they’ll be tapping up the diaspora as well (cc @flattythehurdler )

Galway don’t have the type of player to play that type of game. But that won’t stop Davy.

You’ve to keep things simple enough for lads up around that part of the world, in my experience.

1 Like

TG4 are gonna come on board wtih a big wedge.