King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

A serious mugging off.

Touché. I have an awful and well established habit of being wrong and ill informed.

1 Like

I was starting to think Glas was Louis Mulqueen, Bulfin or one of Davy’s disciples.

Lynch’s castle is being swept out as we speak. We welcome our new Norman overlord. :clap:

3 Likes

Two for the price of one.

Ever read John Le Carré?

2 Likes

Only until we go up to collect the cup.

Davy will be bulling with those Galway cunts, so he will.

That was a tongue in cheek poke at a classic hot take from a former poster.

I think it’s a brilliant appointment and I think it’s likely he’ll get the best out of them.

2 Likes

Richie O’Neill one of the backroom team apparently.

A marriage between two of the greatest Leinster hurling counties.

It’s a great day.

3 Likes

I’ll be surprised if this ends in anything but tears. It’s a pure distractionary appointment by our county board to take the spotlight of themselves.

Where is our plan?

The papier mache heads are bobbing with excitement tonight.

2 Likes

Davy will have to oust Lohan now

This is the best thing to happen Hurling in 4 years

Was Kilkenny sub keeper for years but don’t think he ever saw a minutes action league or championship. PJ Ryan broke his arm in the 07 semifinal vs Wexford and Cody still left Richie sitting on the bench with Jackie taking the puck outs.

Excellent coach though and had been involved with a number of successful KK club sides. Think he switched allegiances from Kilmacow to Graig Ballycallan in recent years, presumably he’s married to a local up there. Eugene Cloonan was training GBC this year

1 Like

Shefflin did the hardest thing there is to do in management. He successfully managed his mates. He wasn’t long gone as a player and went back in with lads he soldiered with and knew all his life and lads he played with.

You’ve to have some gravitas to pull that off

5 Likes

Married to a Galway woman I think.

1 Like

It seems like a great appointment for Galway to me. Adds a whole load of intrigue and side stories to next season’s championship too.

#Narrative

2 Likes

Are the league fixtures out yet?