King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

:rollseyes:

A technicality

2 Likes

As I understand it, the 4 provincial champions contest the semi finals. Galway clubs represent Connacht.

Some amount of lads lads bricking themselves since King Henry was granted his true calling

2 Likes

2…TWO

Out of all of Munster. What a shower of useless cunts. Why do they get a bye into the semi final they certainly don’t deserve it

5 Likes

Not sure they do. As above:

Well then the Munster champions get into a semi every year.

What can be done to help the piss poor Munster club scene…does JP have to fund every club in the province to make them competitive too??

Limerick will change this no doubt. They were in the doldrums for a long long time. They’re on top now, and a rising tide will lift all ships. You’d imagine them to dominate the Club Championships for a few years. Clare picked up a scatter in the late 90s when they were on top. I’m sure Limerick will do likewise. Shur didnt NAP hoover up a few All Irelands already?

Did your crowd take JP’s money after 2018?

Will you watch the Glenmore/Thomastown game on Sunday lads? Intermediate semi-final in Kilkenny.

Is it on the telly?

Beo Spoirt have it. €6.

1 Like

Probably. The other one will be tasty too but the eventual winner should come from yere semi.

All eyes on Henry…

In theory. Thomastown had a fair bit to spare in the league final but Johnstown are like cockroaches, hard to kill them off if they do beat Glenmore.

I can’t see it. Johnstown were our buffer against relegation last year, I dunno how they’re after getting this far because everyone thought the same this year. Freshford only beat us by 4 so they can’t be that good.

6 Likes

Muckalee got a man sent off after 15 minutes and Johnstown scrapped through them.
They won’t fear freshford though, I think they relegated them a decade ago. Freshford have good forwards if they can open it up in the park.

Glen more are decent too but maybe lack the depth Thomastown have. Each year they don’t win it their title as bottlers grows.

To be fair, If Galway clubs didn’t have a bye into AI Semi Finals then Galway most likely wouldn’t have seven winning club teams since 2000. They have a massive advantage over teams coming out of Munster/Leinster.

1 Like

Getting out of Galway is the hard bit, the rest is a piece of piss.

2 Likes

We have a live one.

What’s the advantage they have over the Leinster and Munster champions??

1 Like