King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

No Whelan ?

Not yet. Early days yet. Great opportunity for young lads to stake a claim.

Dublin 1.14 Galway 0.5 after 25. Dub have a much stronger side out . Galway pretty awful

Dublin 1-14
Galway 0-05………approaching half time.

Henry OUT…….

Kevin Cooney the first intercounty player ever to wear flip flops.

1.15 to 0.8. Donal Burke running amok. Galway just brought on P Mannion to mark him. Dublin good but Galway have about 4 regulars as far as I can see. Dublin have about 10

Mattie the cunt has the gym monkeys frothing at the sight of maroon jerseys.

1 Like

Ye should have at least four goals got. The one in to the side netting was a sitter

Mattie always seems to get success against Galway.

I was wondering what happened there. Bad miss alright. Lack of pace in that Galway backline

And not too many others unfortunately

Men against boys. Caulfield was impressive for Galway when he came on.

Were the veins protruding out on the temples?

1 Like

Dubs had a much stronger side out but still you’d expect to see the youngsters at least match the Dubs for work rate but they didn’t really. Got horsed off a mountain of ball as well which is a bit more understandable. Can’t have won more than 2 or 3 ruck balls all game. Nobody really put their hand up today and demanded further selection which is probably all Shefflin wanted out of the game.

In fairness conditioning and tacking technique of lads playing I/C for five years plus counts an awful lot up against lads in their first year. Was very evident in Cusack Park yesterday, a small lad like David Reidy was horsing young Waterford backs out of it despite giving away six inches in height and god knows how much in KGs. He buried a long auld streak of a Waterford wing back at one stage on a 50/50 high ball and left your man flattened on the ground.

3 Likes

Lads like Loftus, McInerney, Bleahane and Kevin Cooney were really shown up today as well below intercounty standard. The Dubs made absolute shit of them.

Bit of spite in the second half. No love lost between the teams and it was the older players involved. Mcinerney and the Mannions v Crummy and O Donnell.

I was sitting beside Gerry mcinerney senior. Didn’t pass any remarks. Hands like shovels.

5 Likes

Like when Diarmaid Ryan buried that streaky Lohan fella when the ball was in the air, the conditioning told, Lohan had to go off at HT

He must be 5’10"", don’t know why he’s always referred to as a midget.

You can’t say midget anymore it’s un PC