King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Derry were in D4 in the 18/19 league topping the group and winning the head to head.
Remarkable progress and I’d concur that another years consolidation in D2 will improve them incrementally. Tough to take after a sterling (like it) campaign but their status is rising nicely.
Oak Leaf supporter @glenshane will of course argue Connacht conspiracy theories but it is what it is.

Absolutely, has brought massive improvement.

Meh. Not quite good enough for division one- our single almost marquee forward would have made a bit of a difference but for a suspect ref last week. Thems the breaks

A meaningless game for us but I’m still seething at this no show against the sheep stealing cunts. Golden chance to keep them in their place and they’re walking all over our young lads.

When one team absolutely has to win and the other doesn’t you can usually lump your life savings on the team that needs the win.

2 Likes

A nothing game. Delighted for those filthy nordie cunts losing out

2 Likes

I think PJ is a spoofer but letting these Rossie cunts get cocky is essential preparation if we have any chance next weekend.

3 Likes

Squad for the championship. Few lads cut Including Tuohey and Niall Burke.

3 Likes

What’s the story with Shane Walsh? Hard to see Galway do anything in the championship without him.

I’d give the Rossies a great chance in this one. Currently an incredible 2/1 with Powers. I’m on….

Think it’s a hamstring injury so sensible not to risk him in this one.

Mildly surprised that Sean Fitzgerald isn’t been tried at FB. Moving Sean Kelly out of fullback could open up a lot of options further up the field.

Hopefully we bate these sheep stealing mutants a point a man.

3 Likes

I hope that is it and nothing else. The fact he had 2 very lacklustre performances, and then done a full warm up in Derry 2 weeks ago, puts some doubt in my mind though.

It’s a very long season, with travel to training and matches thrown in. A huge commitment. It’d really tell on a player. It’s where kiely has it right.

Fitzgerald played the FBD at full-back and did well but got injured in the final and needed surgery so pretty much missed the entire league. Maybe they feel it’s too late now to get him up to speed there for the Mayo game.

Fitzy’ll be an impact sub I’d say come champo if they feel young Glynn is still a bit too light.

Apparently he did well in the Hyde last Sunday, albeit after a ropey enough start.

Saw O’Donoghue of Mayo fuck him out of the way in the FBD game which was worrying. PJ eventually ended up putting a sweeper in front of them and Mayo’s scores started to dry up after that. Glynn is a good prospect but maybe tis too soon for him yet.

Tell me the Galway footballers and hurlers dont overlap on the 16th :no_good_man:

They don’t!!

3 Likes