King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

PJ seemed to be suggesting on the radio afterwards that Kelly would be available next weekend. Certainly hope so as Sean Kelly being out would almost be up there with a Shane Walsh injury at this stage. He’s become that important to them.

Sean Fitzgerald was back on the bench today after his injury. Would be great if he could fill the full-back slot so it could release Kelly up the field but not many games left now for him to reclaim that position he had during the FBD.

6 Likes

Lads I hear Concannon and Flynn are either back training or not far off a return to training. Is there any truth to that?

1 Like

Flynn ought to be, but it may be a very gradual rehab.

1 Like

Haven’t heard but both badly needed as support for Whelan.

The story is that TT are looking elsewhere at the moment but Henry wants to come back as he feels he fucked it up last year (which he did). Unfinished business and all that.

Typical Henry. Never gives up.

1 Like

False alarm

2 Likes

That tiktok fullback is gonna be fit for Rossies match too from all accounts.

1 Like
1 Like

This Johnny Higgins cunt on commentary for Galway Bay is well out of his depth. He should stick to Loughrea Community Radio.

Jesus I don’t know, I think he’s alright compared to the perpetually panicked, Ollie Turner. PJ’s men walking all over Derry.

I thought Derry were supposed to give us a game

Promotion secured after thumping Derry. Edge probably gone out of the Rossie game now

Can only see a much weakened team facing Roscommon now. Few lads are nursing knocks as it is so they’ll hardly be risked in a game they don’t need to win. Sucks for Derry. Looks like Galway and Roscommon will go up to division 1.

Clare 0-8
Meath 0-8
Ten or so left

Nine each, four additional mins

Thought young Grealish was outstanding today. Himself and Daithi really turned the tide after ht.

Padraig Mannion and Fahy had solid games too but faded out.

1 Like

GBFM to town community radio would be a promotion.

2 Likes

I went up to Owenbeg today, Derry were absolutely pathetic. Spent the first 60 minutes making sure they would lose the game, and the last 10 minutes making sure Galway would not be tempted to do them a favour against the Rossies nest week.
Galway are coming together fairly well, good spirit about them and they have a mobile outfit. Still a couple of key players who need to be doing more, but Derry were so bad today it was hard to read too much into it. Whatever else happens this year PJ has them back in Div 1 and its nice to see him have that bit of success. Cian O’Neill looks like he has been a good addition.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a pity for Derry that we probably won’t see a full-blooded Roscommon v Galway game next weekend. Rossies will go full strength but Galway will likely have out a shadow side now. Rossies will surely win and Derry will be squeezed out. Another year in Div 2 might be no harm to Derry. They’ll still be amongst the favourites to go up next year.