King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Tragic. Poor family.

Just heard on the news there that Kate Moran’s boyfriend is TJ Brennan.

1 Like

Was it sudden death syndrome that’s at fault here ?

Head injury I think

3 Likes

Lort! Must have been something else being that helmets are obligatory. Poor creatures that had to share the pitch to see this.

A freak accident by all accounts. Just awful stuff.

1 Like

Heard she was caught with the backswing of a hurl. Went down but got back up at first like players nearly always do. Still hard to comprehend how it could have happened with helmets being worn. Was quite difficult seeing the picture of her and the parents on the news there. Out on the pitch together after a winning a game. Your heart would go out to them.

2 Likes

Her aul lad was at the match too.

Joe Rabbitte and PJ Molloy were on speaking to Virgin Media news earlier. They both seemed well shook by it.

Joe paid a lovely tribute to her on RTE Radio earlier today as his daughter played with her too. She was extremely well regarded.

Family are the finest people. Puts it all in perspective.

3 Likes

An awful thing may she RIP

I witnessed a terrible clash of heads recently in a game which ended with two ambulances taking away the players invovled, who were both v lucky to be left home from hospital a few hours later. But it out the heart cross ways in me for a few days after

3 Likes

I can’t really understand how this could have been caused by the backswing of a hurl in a Camogie game if she was wearing a helmet, not a traumatic acute head injury.
It is so awful. How could her parents keep going after?

The definition of a freak accident.

If the side of the hurl comes at the helmet at speed of a crap helmet and then smack off a vain then it could be it ? (I’m of course no doctor, obviously, just making a fist at guessing).

I don’t think it’s good to guess at this in this case. It is what it is and what it is is fucking godawful.

I will say this, easily over 60% of helmets out there aren’t fit for purpose. It’s a bit of an ongoing joke, but we all know it to be true and it’s not good enough.

I’m not so sure. Anyhow I spose it’ll come out in due course. The phil Hughes incident led to a redesign of the helmet (which Michael whiner Clarke blamed for his subsequent relatively poor form )

1 Like

That’s all i’m getting at and agree with you, there needs to be a policy on helmets.

33 years ago since Johnny Blade died on the field from a heart problem playing a senior club hurling game for Abbey. The house he grew up in would be less than a mile from the house this poor girl grew up in.

3 Likes