King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Eh, cooney never struck the free. He was still shaping when the referee called his bluff. Who knows how many more big deep breaths and swaying back and forward he would have done.

4 Likes

The Galway free taker soent longer looking around and let the ref call him up.

Chin hit it as soon as he looked up.

Small thing but refs will buy into it.

Wexford backs were running as far as they wanted without being called. Crucial decisions all went Wexford’s way. Irrespective we threw that away as badly as I can remember really. Welcome to Galway Henry.
Despite that, we showed that we can hurl well in patches. I think we are on the right track. To go to Wexford and walk all over the cunts, which we did, despite carrying passengers in the forwards, was encouraging, though I must say when I awoke first thing, I had a slightly unpleasant feeling, and realised as I woke further, it was the hurling that did it.

The Galway lads think that special rules should apply to them

1 Like

Kiely outed them as dirty cunts last year and the refs were quick to cop on to it.

1 Like

Oh look, it’s the underpants sniffer in chief. Should you not be ranting somewhere about not being given more money ?

This is probably as insightful as you’ve ever been on hurling.

1 Like

Absolute amateur hour stuff from the ref. Only matched by some of the lads on here.

Jaysus

While obviously you’d like to win, surely that’s a grand point for Galway away from home?

Relax lads, ye shoulda won it, learn and move on.

1 Like

For a team of big men Galway are fair soft

1 Like

What were Egans tactics exactly?

Shefflin got things mostly right. The players made more than a few poor decisions when in possession but it was the first day out. Shefflin will be delighted with the debutants. Great game for the likes of Fahy to come through.

Whelan is a loss but will allow Hastings to come in and get game time.

As usual, you are the most rational and reasonable Galway poster here.

I think Egan was trying to trying to flood the middle and carry through/create overlaps. The elements and a long series of poor puckouts from Fanning put paid to that. The only possible benefit of it for Wexford is that Galway were eventually sucked into doing the same thing in the last 20 minutes or so.

There were many positives for Galway. Monaghan was excellent and Morrissey put in a fair shift also. Cathal Mannion was very industrious.

2 Likes

Our most important player and this is his best role. Needs more options (runners) rather than relying on the long delivery. Morrissey gave the best deliver of the game when he broke through the centre and found Concannon on the wing for Whelans first point.

1 Like

Could somebody rewind the tape and check this for me please?

Are you sure it wasn’t the BBQ?

Can you post a list of the crucial decisions please.

Try stay in the game, hope Galway hit a load of wides, try fluke a scuttery auld goal, hope the ref does a few favours. Worked a treat in fairness

3 Likes

No

1 Like

The twirling of the hurley and the general fuck acting in his routine doesn’t do him any favors

1 Like