KR Reykjavik v Celtic

Tomorrow night at 8pm on 3e.

Scott Brown and James Forrest are injured.

Tony Watt has been left behind and will play a reserve/development squad game against Stenhousemuir.

Efe Ambrose returned to training yesterday after a short post World Cup break.

First competitive game of the Ronny Deila era.

What’s your expected team, @Dirty Hands Walter?

what happened against Dukla Prague gents?
they would be a weak side.
I dont think we are really in banana skin territory with these fellas here but they are mid season and that may count a bit…

Forster;
Lustig, Ambrose, Van Dijk, Izaguirre;
Kayal, Mulgrew, Johansen;
Commons;
Stokes, Griffiths.

Or something like that.

Watt has been injured apparently. I was worried he’d done something to freeze himself out with the manager already.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boerrigter start based on the pre-season selections so far. It’s far from an inspiring team with Mulgrew back in midfield (albeit playing deep to free up the full backs to push forward) and something needs to be done about that forward line. What happened Anthony’s hair by the way? Seems to have regressed badly since the initial photos.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 983514, member: 1”]Watt has been injured apparently. I was worried he’d done something to freeze himself out with the manager already.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boerrigter start based on the pre-season selections so far. It’s far from an inspiring team with Mulgrew back in midfield (albeit playing deep to free up the full backs to push forward) and something needs to be done about that forward line. What happened Anthony’s hair by the way? Seems to have regressed badly since the initial photos.[/QUOTE]

Has Big Ron been using a 4-3-3 in pre-season or has he tried other formations out? I’d imagine Pukki will start given his good form so far in friendlies.

It was mainly 4-3-3 though we used a bit of 4-2-3-1 (which I guess isn’t that different but means we can get the likes of Commons, Stokes, Griffiths and Pukki on the pitch at the same time).

Dusted off my Celtic socks and Celtic cufflinks for work today in advance of this match.

Any team speculation in the papers? Like @Il Bomber Destro I think Pukki will start.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 983912, member: 1”]Dusted off my Celtic socks and Celtic cufflinks for work today in advance of this match.

Any team speculation in the papers? Like @Il Bomber Destro I think Pukki will start.[/QUOTE]

Balde apparently left behind with the bhoy Watt.

delia out

there i said it

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 983921, member: 80”]delia out

there i said it
[/QUOTE]
And what about Deila ?

Attacking lineup

Forster
Lustig Ambrose Virgil Izzy
Mulgrew Johansen
Commons McGregor Griffiths
Stokes

Not sure exactly how they’ll line up but adventurous selection anyway. Pleased to see McGregor in there.

Forster
Lustig Efe Virgil Izzy
Mulgrew Johansen Commons
Griffiths Stokes McGregor

Bench…Zaluska, Matthews, O’Connell, Kayal, Boerrigter, Pukki, Henderson

Charlie Mulgrew captains Celtic tonight.

The last Irish team to play KR in a CL game was Shelbourne who knocked out the Icelanders on away goals in 2004. I’m sure Celtic will have no problems dismissing them.

Is there any way for UPC punters to watch this? Or can anyone provide me with a half decent link please.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 984252, member: 1074”]The last Irish team to play KR in a CL game was Shelbourne who knocked out the Icelanders on away goals in 2004. I’m sure Celtic will have no problems dismissing them.

Is there any way for UPC punters to watch this? Or can anyone provide me with a half decent link please.[/QUOTE]
It’s on 3E - Channel 106.

Mr Desmond is in attendance tonight.

Cheers.

Deila likes the full backs to bomb on. Huge onus on Mulgrew to fill in for them in that case. Need a disciplined performance from Johansen too, can’t expect Commons or McGregor to be doing too much tracking back.