Kurt Cobain - The Voice of a Generation

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 927251, member: 179”]The needle and the (shotgun) damage done.

He did some service to music by blowing his brains out and freeing dave grohl[/QUOTE]
I detest the Foo Fighters

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 927251, member: 179”]The needle and the (shotgun) damage done.

He did some service to music by blowing his brains out and freeing dave grohl[/QUOTE]

Cobain was a low-rent, sleazebag version of Christy Dignam.

And where’s Christy now? Bet the tar out of his heroin addiction, kicked the shit out of cancer and is headlining the Olympia next month while his bandmates wum it up on a Eurosong for Ireland 2014:clap:

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 927250, member: 112”]Fuck poisoning the thread with your oasis shit totti. Set your own up about those cunts. This is an appreciation of Nirvana and what they did.

They were probably the first real band I got into and would have considered being a fan of. Later on I wondered if it was a rebellious thing, or just a band wagon thing, but listening to their stuff even now and it’s class stuff. Just a shame there wasn’t more.[/QUOTE]

I poisoned this with nothing. I gave my opinion on Nirvana, Cobain and Grunge and others dragged Oasis into it so go and fucking do one with your incorrect accusations.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 927255, member: 129”]Cobain was a low-rent, sleazebag version of Christy Dignam.

And where’s Christy now? Bet the tar out of his heroin addiction, kicked the shit out of cancer and is headlining the Olympia next month while his bandmates wum it up on a Eurosong for Ireland 2014:clap:[/QUOTE]

Crazy World was superior to anything Cobain recorded.

:smiley:

You’re at it, ya cunt.

Ah now

Crazy World was not even aslan’s best song

That was This Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPm_FDNcGk

Only on TFk would a thread on Kurt Cobain get to Christy Dignam in under 20 posts

Lads on here at times brainier than Kurt Cobain’s garage wall but at other times …

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 927264, member: 2272”]Ah now

Crazy World was not even aslan’s best song

That was This Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPm_FDNcGk
[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. And it pisses over anything Nirvana ever recorded.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 927265, member: 2272”]Only on TFk would a thread on Kurt Cobain get to Christy Dignam in under 20 posts

Lads on here at times brainier than Kurt Cobain’s garage wall but at other times …[/QUOTE]

Came on the scene at the same time, similar problems with heroin stemming from childhood issues. Both intense characters with a knack for penning generation-defining lyrics. The comparisons are valid.

You’re out of your element.

Let the experts talk and go fuck yourself.

I like Nirvana but I don’t really get Cobain’s iconic status. He was whingy and needy and tried so hard. Examples being the two lines he trotted out in every interview ‘I hate myself and want to die’ and ‘punk rock is freedom’ and getting a tattoo of a record label that he thought recorded and produced bands he liked. They nicked the whole quiet-loud-quiet motif off the Pixies too. Maybe I came to them too late to get his impact, they were a bit before my time. Or before I got into music maybe. I preferred Smashing Pumpkins back then. They made some powerful stuff though and Nevermind is a masterpiece so can’t take that away from them.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 927267, member: 129”]Came on the scene at the same time,
[/QUOTE]

Aslan were finished before Nirvana made their name ffs.:smiley:

Some spoofing going on in this thread.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 927267, member: 129”]Came on the scene at the same time, similar problems with heroin stemming from childhood issues. Both intense characters with a knack for penning generation-defining lyrics. The comparisons are valid.

You’re out of your element.

Let the experts talk and go fuck yourself.[/QUOTE]
I bought Aslan debut album when it came out. Also some singles including Loving me Lately 12 inch . I liked them. Christy solo at Feile 90 or 91 at 1pm oozed charisma and was magical. But comparing Aslan to Nirvana is fucking daft

Listening to Nevermind and In utero got me through many a shitty or low day.

In utero Probably caused one or two low days too

That is a very dark record

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 927269, member: 1074”]Aslan were finished before Nirvana made their name ffs.:smiley:

Some spoofing going on in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Bleach came out a year after Feel No Shame, you mad yoke.

Christy Dignam and Sinead O’Connor are the two finest singers in Irish rock ‘n’ roll history.

Who fucking asked you?

No. And fuck off to boards.ie.

Can all non members of generation x please fuck off out of this thread.

Unplugged was a masterpiece, Cobains voice was perfectly finessed for Americana folk, Nevermind had it’s moments too but Cobain is paying a fair old rent in the Tower of Song I’d say if he’d be let in at all