"Ladies" of the 2014 Women's Rugby World Cup

It’s great to see people fulfill their life long dreams alright. Just a shame her mother won’t be there to see it.

I walked onto a GAA team without ever having played a game. I remember it well, I was 8 years of age and I thought I was a bit young for U12’s, but fuck it if I didn’t pick it up as I went. I did it with two GAA teams actually, football and hurling, it was unreal.

I did the same when I played basketball, had never played the game, and just went to a few training sessions and bang, there I was, walking onto a team having never played the game.

I remember it happened me with soccer too. Just turned up, played a few training sessions, and next thing I was playing a game. Could you imagine?!!

Could you turn up for the men’s Irish rugby team and walk onto that right now? The mens national soccer team? Or the Laois senior football or hurling?

Definitely the latter two.

And a foreign fella turned up and played for the Irish mens team before he played for an Irish club not that long ago.

No , no , yes & yes .

Off you go so and let us know how you go, kid.

I’m a bit long in the tooth, plus I’d be like Brian Corcoran coming back out of retirement. Its a flawed experiment.

1 Like

Anyway, it’s just ladies sport - They are all useless cunts.

2 Likes

You leave Alison out of this mate.

I thought her name was Eimear?

Fair play to her for using it to get the scholarship in DCU.

And how many times did you walk off the team?

Plenty i’d say - He’s a weak man - smoking is confirmation of this.

When I moved out of the age bracket. What are you getting at here?

I never inhaled though.

How long did this Nora girl play rugby before she played for Ireland, seriously?

I presume she’s always played seriously for Ireland, what are you getting at here?

She played tag for a season. The Clare girl played one 7s tournament having never played before and she was capped by Ireland before even finding a club – I presume 70% of them are the same.

She took up tag rugby at 24 and she was a rugby international at 26.

She must be a natural at it