Ladies sport

Tipp were the victims of a couple of odd decisions there, not least the reversal of the free. If it was mens, there would be war over it.

1 Like

dungeon

1 Like

Your misogynism is utterly at variance with the principles of the 1916 proclamation .

2 Likes

I doubt he’s heard of it.

2 Likes

I’d love to ride Rebecca Curtis.

2 Likes

Which? Misogynism or the 1916 proclamation?

You know the drill, photos

Didn’t see the game, but saw that last minute online. The ref is actually correct in his ruling, time wasting in ladies football is a free, not a hop ball.

So you are right, if it happened in a men’s game there’d be war, as it is a different ruling!

1 Like

Oofffftttty!

Can you cast your mind back to a certain Stephen Cluxton free kick?
Imagine, if you can, what would have ensued had the ref changed it to a hop ball as he was shaping up to kick it. Iirc Dublin were allowed nearly a minute to take that.
I know the rule, but watch the last few mins of that game.

The horsey one or the writer?

Beggars can’t be choosers mate.

1 Like

Looks like you could ride her in the 315 at fairyhouse.

She could be anything she wanted to be.

She deserved the free against her for the stupid way she had her sleeves

1 Like

There is that.

But again, the rules for ladies makes it different. They have a countdown clock that gives no allowance for adding on more time. In men’s, the ref has scope to play on more additional time as in that game. Time wasting in ladies has much more of an impact due to the countdown clock.

As I said, didn’t see the game, just a load of people moaning that he have a free instead of a hop ball. Ref could have been utter gash before hand too.

1 Like

Wasn’t the free reversal per se, it was just a big call to make when in truth the lass didn’t take that much time over it. That’s a fair point about the clock. Is that absolute then, regardless ofwhat went before? Can the ref not add on anything at all?

No, ref has no control to add on time. The Tipp girl knew what she was at, which would be why the ref in ladies football would be quicker to make these calls due to the different set up in rules. Also makes it seem more controversial than it is as most would be far more familiar to standard men’s rules

That’s a strange rule about the time. A slow sub or two could eat up a fair chunk, or a feigned injury. Seems an almost misogynistic tweak tbh.
I never knew that. Still think he blew very quickly, having given wx a few soft frees in the preceding minutes.