Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

That never happened

1 Like

+1

Easy save €80k if you’re living in a mud wall cabin

1 Like

For the first 5 years after you start work lads should be spending every cent they have on travelling, drinking, chasing birds (or fellas as the case may be) etc.
You’ll be a long time dead.

8 Likes

And get stressed and die of cancer when the whole economy goes to shit again

1 Like

Thats exactly it.

1 Like

We’re all going to live to 90+ these days so we may as well enjoy as much of our lives as possible

1 Like

Ya, whats the mad rush with everything

That was my approach. Becoming responsible and having to grow up is a tough business.

2 Likes

Fuck all craic

brah?

that’s not the first post this week from you about responsibility ,family life being tough etc.

I hope you aren’t going though a mid life crisis or are overly stressed.

If you need to chat send on a PM as sometimes a listening ear can be of great benefit

Kind Regards

TSG

8 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

they may by and large be useless snowflake fuckers but the current 25/30 year olds id have some sympathy for not having an arse in their pants, never worked a day before the shit hit the fan in 07/08/09 so they entered into a tough arena.
id have little respect say 35+ who havent currently got their shit together, its fair and reasonable to suggest they should have partied themselves out and sown their wild oats before the crash and there have been plenty time since then to get their act together.

1 Like

100%
you finish college , get the trade sorted at 22 say, next 4 or 5 years let it rip until 27-28…
if you’re back then moping about like @caulifloweredneanderthal at 31 enrolling for for a full time Arts degree when you should know better then you are in a ridiculous situation, he’ll probably be moving back to his parents at the rate he is going

as @KinvarasPassion says, the whole getting responsibilities lark is a pain in the hole, but the fucking younger you do this, ( kids especially) the better for you…

there is nothing more miserable than seeing a gent in a suit in the late 40’s bustling into a creche with a 3 year old and that knackered look on his face … you want to get that stuff out of the way early boys, the body aint wired for this shit at that age
when im 50 i dont intend working or seeing my kids ( except for christmas maybe and their weddings)

2 Likes

:rofl:

I’d my degree in my arse pocket a month after my 21st birthday. I worked hard in my 20s - 40-50 hour weeks plus I took on any additional work myself and saved up that money.

I went back and did postgraduate studies. While doing that, I pretty much worked full time hours as well. In about 5 years time, I’ll be on about 70k per annum. That mightn’t seem much, but is nearly double what I’d be earning if I stayed in my old industry.

PS don’t bring kids into this conversation.

“in 5 years time…”
good for you pal
i dont want to know what you were doing in your 20’s but it sounds like you made a few bad calls

anyway,
kids are relevant to the conversation
the core of the conversation last night was the impact that living in rented accomodation has on school going kids,it may not sit easy or make nice reading but the reality is stark
@gilgamboa and i made some very relevant points about this, it has a lot to do with the conversation in the thread

Its kind of awkward when you meet these fellas at kids birthday parties. You’d nearly find yourself sympathizing with them… then when thats out of the way there is very little else to talk about apart from some brief conversations on 80’s music and how good little Johnny is on the ipad.

1 Like

a lot of them are married to birds where there is a noticeble age gap also
he’s usually highly paid, well off, she takes a year off maternity leave , probably dosent go back, he’s paying into the joint account and she is living the life of riley while he is paying a grand a month on creche fees and is scared of life of his mrs… bad situation
they’ll only have 1 kid also the child will be a scourge for them and will turn into a horrid spoilt yoke that will ruin her father’s life

8 Likes

I’ve absolutely no regrets about my 20s. Don’t think I made any bad calls to be honest.

Fair play. I made a heap of them

2 Likes