Landlords/Houses/tennants/cunts thread

The kind of drink Nembo goes for when thereā€™s no Stella.

ouch

Its a pity you dont get rid of the internet as well

1 Like

What abd miss out on pulling the perennial bullshitters up on their nonsense with a bit of truth and lateral & critical thinking?

No chance. Too much fun

when i started out in the renting game about 15 years ago i went top end, cutlery, delph, pictures on the wall, jacuzzi bath etc. you could bide your time then and have lads jump thru a few hoops before you let anyone in the door. the feeling was give them a good place and they will look after it, aim at professional people, a couple preferably (eg @bandage and his missus) and generally you couldnt really go wrong.
that all changed in past 10 years and the standard of tenant out there has nose dived dramatically. it has become very very difficult to find people who will even sweep the floor and not pull the fittings off the wall and shit all over the place. there are absolute fucking animals out there.
i had one social housing tenant vacate last year (poor divil passed away so i wont go into details but suffice to say it was a fucking warzone and cost me a sizable 4 figure sum to set the place up again)
had the LA hound me with hap lads again but told them get fucked, skipped every piece of furniture and let it unfurnished. you attract a better class of client that way. got a nice young professional couple (married) to take it and ended up buying them a suite and one bed to help them. so far so good.

3 Likes

Hi kev
ive been on both sides of the fence recently
a kettle , a toaster , pots pans are not something at all that needs to be provided
neither is furniture
it depends basically on what the agreement was with tenant and landlord before the lease was undertaken

ok, if say the gas breaks then the landlord is obliged to fix it
the house weā€™re renting out @TM was furnished but we didnt provide post pans or anything, i told them that up front and there was no hassle, id just paid 2.5k on a new gas boiler in there last month but ill see a bit of it back in tax
the family in the house are great, cut grass, etc, but u know it all on the relationship, they need something i sort it, they keep the place spic and span also and look after the property

there are other extremes where i think by law youā€™re obliged to provide lightbulbs and ive heard of people subtracting them from rent

ill take a look online there and will get back in a while

bottom line
cunts of landlords gets cunts of tenants and vice versa

2 Likes

Disagree with last line.

As @HBV seems to have experienced, there is a generation of self entitled fucks rent age now.

To be honest this girl is actually ok. As in when i have drawn the line or been firm, like this morning, she accepted it. So thats fair enough.

On the other hand to give an insight into this generation. The other day she asked me would i unblock the shower, it had got full of her hair.

Her hair, and her words. FML

Iā€™d say she was trying to just lure you into her shower, Kev. Tread carefully here.

1 Like

Youā€™d be nuts to put top of the range stuff in a rental property. Better off putting the basics in and then let the Tenant decide for themselves. Most will have their own pots, pans, delph and cutlery. Usually landlords provide white goods, dinner table and chairs, sofa and a bed. When I first rented out the apartment we had all that stuff in it and after it being rented for a couple of month the tenant calls and asks can we take a load of stuff out as they had bought their. Luckily enough I had somewhere to store the stuff. So now it is just the basics. Of course anything goes wrong with the appliances or heating things like that you would fix. The rest they sort out themselves.

I hate Tennents. Itā€™s piss.

Stella or Peroni for this bear.

1 Like

Iā€™m always happy to drink a peroni mate :clap:

Sure he did.

Should be detailed in the leaseā€¦

1 Like

@caoimhaoin
as someone who has had well documented runs in with revenue for income tax evasion i trust you are declaring the rental income on the Form 11

1 Like

Did Kev really confuse the words amenities and utilities? :joy:

Form 12 mickee before you land in bother yourself

The tfk landlord class are out in force today.

3 Likes

i thought form 12 was for PAYE only scum?

I had a bad experience with last people I rented out to. They had Booze problems but then management company got arsey over death threats to other people living in the block so had to get them out. They were immediately housed elsewhere by council too.

This place is the top 1 %
Entrepreneurs and go getters. With time to waste