Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

This is exactly why i’d love to get completely out of gaa

So long…

Great spot for someone who wants to do their job for free.

You have to laugh.

You would hardly expect us to sign a contract with you without a working demonstration of your talents?

Everyone else does. And they pay up front.

PM on some references please for committee selection purposes.

If you are serious you would have PM’d me long go.
Plenty references if i get a serious enquiry.

Which is considerably strange considering you and your imaginary inter county mate were ridiculing what i was saying a couple of months ago.

Other people on here have found my business and contacted accordingly. If you are serious you will do the same.

I was hoping you would consider doing a session with a Minor team & explain the need for good S&C and movement tips.

Harry you’d be better off giving Babs a call

Largely a waste of time.

Coach the coaches. Thats the only way. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him to fish…

I’ll go to a club and do presentations if they really want, but i’ll tell them its value is limited. And if they still want to do it then fine.

It has to be club driven as well. I’m program manageing for one club now next year. Thats s&c programming, helping the coaches work fitness into training, help with volume-intensity programming, performances testing and analysis etc. The 2 main coaches (dual club) bought in though and have agreed to let me make calls on training volume, breaks, resting individuals etc. I’m also going to some basic work with 16’s and Minors, but again its around coaching the coaches at the same time.

Thats 2,800 up front for 3 months work. Then after that i’ll be working on a per session system. Thats a club getting real and putting their money where their mouth is. Player driven. But the key men were the 2 coaches and their humility and lack of ego. They could see what i could add.

But i could go to Tipp, pick up 200 for a day or whatever and leave you with little.

Senior Club I’m assuming & of a large size?

No, actually amedium sized and from one of the least affluent parts of ireland. They just want to do better. Handy in both codes but not senior in either.
Players paying 60 a man up front, club meeting the rest, sponsor paying after the 3 months.

What the players get for 60 would probably cost an individual coming to me for PT or programming 200+ over the same period.

Big investment for medium sized club. Positive sign if players are willing to stump up their own cash. Great to see.

Ya. It makes sense really when thought about. You are putting all this time into your hobby but your mate down the road who goes to Personal Training or whatever is being better looked after than you are.

I know one tiny, and i mean tiny, club spent about 12k last year on their team. Largely on the coach. Now the coach is very good and has done the first 2 years of the setanta degree, coached for a number of years in his own club first and had a distingushed club playing career. He also developed them excellently and agreed straight off to stay 3 years no matter what. Thats what works. They had their best year in 30 years with a young side.

But they were smart/lucky and got value. There are 100’s of horror stories out there where either the individual or the club get hobbled.

Agree to an extent. The costs of ‘’ big name coaches ‘’ on medium sized clubs is ridiculous considering the drills & skills they coach to adults.

IMO while skills & drills are standard enough fare, its the work a coach will do to mentally strengthen a panel of players that is so much more important. Obviously a regime which cuts down on injuries of players with good coaching is important too.

Injuries are key. Both for the lads themselves and the club. I found out the other day i saved (or contributed to at least) one board 1.5k + in Physio bills compared to the previous year. I would say 75% of that was adding a proper warm up, a little bit more consistency to the strength training and education. The other 25% was down to co-operation with the manager and manageing the overall program. And to be honest its 90% common sense, 10% my education and experience. Thats not blowing my own hole, many others like me are providing the same. I think some coaches and chairmen just have a fear of S&C and that it might take the shine off them.

If you teach a small club how to physically orepare and mind tgeir players you are leaving them with alot more than the majority of outside coaches can offer.

1 Like

bullet dodged for carryharry

tahdh keneally who knows his shit has said S&C is ruining bogball

He doesn’t actually. He is quite uneducated on it. As well as the fact that he did not say it was ruining gah.

uneducated?

he played bogball at the highest level and played pro sport too. hd came back won an all ireland without breaking sweat, he would know more than 99.99% of people involved in gga

Players are largely ignorant to the training they are doing.

Kerry seem to be still resisiting proper S&C and its starting to show in the ridiculous amount of operations they have this year.