Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

Worked in the kitchen at Blackrock castle for a while ( drinking heavy at the time,years ago,my 2cousins worked there)

I endured a horrible afternoon marking Paul “Bealo” Bealin in Parnell Park one Sunday afternoon in the quarter final of the Dublin JFC. Bealo was so superior to me in every respect that I was soon reduced to fouling him every time the ball came between us and when that didn’t work I resorted to senseless acts of violence to try and provoke him into getting the two of us sent off.

This enraged the Kevins of Kilnamanagh faithful and I quickly became the object of their ire. As it happens I was seeing a lady at the time who gave up her Sunday afternoon to watching my toil in this manner. She wandered down the wrong side of the ground and was standing with the Kevins crowd when who did she see only Bealos brother who she had gone out with before. What are you doing here says Bealos brother. I’m going out with one of the Scoil lads says she. Which one? That one I think. Oh, says Bealos brother.

The match had a sinister aftermath. As I was walking off the field one of the Kevins fans ran at me from behind in a manner that would suggest that he was of violent intent. One of my team mates noticed this and blindsided the Kevins fan with an unmerciful box that knocked him out cold.

13 Likes

Oliver Honeyman

5 Likes

What era did you play intercounty in? 80’s or 90’s? You play for long? If you think that would be revealing too much info feel free to decline to answer

80s and no. I played for a good while in Dublin senior football.

2 Likes

Bump for the Limerick lads

3 Likes

Caught the last 20 minutes of the Dixies show there . Seemed good .

1 Like

How has it been? I presume it’ll cover his illness at some point in it?

All about Colmans so far.

I never really copped it before but he wore green throughout his career, be it school, club and county. Good footage of the early years alright.

His wife is from Tour. I thought that would’ve gotten more coverage.

1 Like

Askeaton had 3 men sent off trying to take him out in the 2002 minor semi final

2 Likes

Green too

@mickee321

:grinning:

Askeaton have 3 sent off in most games .

I was telling the juniors about that here but could not remember if it was 2 or 3.

Ring was some genius to get the other lad to look like him.

Roll eyes

2008 was nearly as bad as 94

Where would he rank on a list of Limerick hurlers from the last 20 years?

Lovely insight from Stephen Lucey there that Mark Foley suddenly hit on the idea of an auld diagonal ball in town one day after years of skying it and things started going well*.

*For one game anyways.

2 Likes