Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

I’d say Andrew is a bit of an oddball.

He has a fine big teach what does he do for a living?

Army.

He was in the army, not sure of he still is

Coaching a team who wear green now too

1 Like

That was a great watch.

5 Likes

Quiet fella. Bit intense about the hurling.

Very disappointed they didn’t show him pucking a ball off the town wall.

1 Like

Number 1, in my opinion.

Class act.

Fair play to him, what a talent. Not easy putting yourself out there like that, talking about his illness.

1 Like

Great to see that the MS hasn’t progressed for him, must be ten years now.

Top three anyway.

Yeah in fairness he’s got on with life. Hurled away for a few more years. Would have been a travesty if he never got a county medal.

2 Likes

Still in the army , not a private , but an officer. Think he went in through the cadets. Thorough gentleman

3 Likes

I me his father outside Mulligans the evening of the All Ireland didn’t know who we was until we got chatting a lovely man

I remember looking at his auld fella switching opposite ends of the field at half time when Andrew was playing just to get a better look at him anytime against my club. Probably not that uncommon for parents to do to be fair .

His strike from the penalty in semi final against Waterford is the best I have ever seen. They showed it in slow mo but the camera still struggled to pick up the ball flight. An absolute rocket.

1 Like

Yeah it was inch perfect :ok_hand:t2:

The umpires reaction was priceless

I was up in the Hill the day of the semi final against Waterford in ‘07, roaring at him to take the point as he was taking the penalty. :see_no_evil:

It’s just a real pity his career was cut short, he really was a good one. Still had a brilliant career and won more than 99% of players ever will.