Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

Shane dowling is a funny one also. I think he is left handed, rhot and strikes off his left. Sometimes he catches lhot.

Deane was obviously left handed from looking at him but was very strong on both sides. His position as a corner forward likely influenced his seeming preference for hitting right handed in open play, ie. when you turn back inside as a left corner forward, the goal is more in your field of vision as you hit on your right side, whereas if you hit left handed it’s much more out of your field of vision. It doesn’t really explain his preference for hitting frees right handed though. These habits tend to develop right at the start. I always found it slightly more difficult to hit frees left handed because of the turning the hurley aspect. You rarely see a right handed player jab lift with a left handed boss, the weight distribution and direction on the hurley tends to go a bit arseways if you do that, it’s like left handed writing.

Joe Deane was a cack hander: righthanded, lhot and right side for a dead ball.

Dowling

No, SD is righthanded. Have seen a photograph.

Fair enough. I have definitely seen him use lhot at times. And he’s ferocious one sided off his left

Lhot? Really? That is interesting.

I would guess SD was ‘converted’ as a young lad.

Willie O’Connor used alternate grip a bit but you could not term him a ‘grip changer’, in that he always struck a dead ball rhot off his right side.

Deane has his left hand on top there. I didn’t know he held a pen in his right hand but in open play he certainly hurled orthodox left handed.

Fuck off, you wall-eyed cunt. No one, least of all me, is interested.

Now fuck off.

What’s a “wall eyed cunt”?

Deane has his left on top in the two pictures there, contrary to what you say.

Are we going to find out now that your whole post output on this thread has been based on the top of the hurley being the bottom and the boss being “the top”?

We are, aren’t we?

Deane’s left hand is on top in the last picture.

Fuck off, you moronic cunt. Aside from anything else, you confidently know sfa. You cannot hurl “orthodox left handed” if you write with your right hand.

“I didn’t know”…

Fuck off, you know nothing.

Now that’s awkward

You quite literally don’t seem to know one end of a hurley from the other.

It is in both of them. He slides the right up the shaft as he prepares to swing.

So he is cack handed

@Malarkey the auld lad got back on text re the Kennys

" I saw paddy playing i am sure in 57 he was on team v cork also same year he marched behind us at an opening of murroe field denis and i in band the day we made our confirmation he was playing with the sars and won countys with them he was a deadly citog he went back to borris and i saw him playing in nenagh if he was there now he would bury every penalty i never saw sean play he was a fierce hard man took off the boots i think it was 49"

Apologies for the lack of punctuation but that’s how he texts.He was born in '44

That was a nice twee discussion we had a for a few hours

Still shots tell lies.

Oh, it is oh so lovely to entice a know nothing wall-eyed cunt into showing he truly knows fuck all.

This craic proves a lot about the arch Leftist shite. Same syndrome. A photograph is produced showing is Joe Deane is righthanded but lhot – but yet the moron who mistakenly thought the opposite is still somehow correct. You are the sort of moral halitosis-afflicted gobshite who could make all the case for Stalin.

You do not even understand the terms of the debate, you fuckwit.

Now fuck off to your level of confident ignorance.