Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

All theory on sports science needs ripping up

Division 2 Hurling final abandoned last night after a massive row :smile:

3 Likes

Laois is box office. Who were the two teams?

I’ll give you a guess at one of them

Cahir is a great bit of stuff

1 Like

Camross and I’m going to say Mountmellick?

Half right, Borris Kilcotton and Camross

That’d be both their second teams? My Kilcavan Friend was telling the latest shit with the Hurling side of the parish.

Mountmellick are a disgrace

Aye, second teams for both

Elsewhere, the ACHL Division 2 final between Camross and Borris-Kilcotton in Mountrath was abandoned early in the second half due to a fight breaking out between the two teams.

Camross had been leading 1-4 to 0-5 at half time.

Referee JJ Gorman opted to call the game off when the trouble broke out and Laois GAA will await his report before deciding on action.

Both teams are due to begin their intermediate championship campaigns next week – Camross against Ballypickas and Borris-Kilcotton against Rathdowney-Errill.

Jaysus that’s some rant!

https://laois-nationalist.ie/2019/07/17/over-robust-dispute-ends-with-final-being-abandoned/

Not even as much as one Cuddy on the Camross team. What’s going on?

1 Like

Was the Leinster rugby Alickadoo , Mick “the cud” Cuddy related to the camross Cuddys ?

No idea mate, doubt it

Derek confirmed as coach of the Laois Minor Hurlers for 2020. Be interesting to see the level of influence he has, I’d be wary enough, but shur a little Derek is better than no Derek.

Speaking on Monday’s OTB AM , McGrath revealed the details of the role in question, highlighting the slightly more hands-off position he will fulfil.

"I will be involved in some capacity," admitted McGrath, "but it’ll very much be in an ancillary role.

"I’m going to do a night course in executive coaching and positive psychology, so, as part of that, there’ll be a placement opportunity involved.

"I was approached by a friend of mine who is involved with Laois and I’ll be involved in some sort of coaching capacity there in the new year, but it certainly won’t be as prominent as was speculated."

Throughout his five-year spell in charge of Waterford’s senior hurlers, Derek McGrath led the Deise to National Hurling League success in 2015 and All-Ireland final defeat to Galway two-years later.

In this latest venture with Laois, McGrath foresees the opportunity to ease himself back into management, while aiding the development of young hurlers with an eye on progressing through to Eddie Brennan’s senior set-up.

“I’ve been used to being involved with teams [of players from] 12 to 18-years-old,” the secondary-school teacher McGrath outlined, "so this is a good chance for me to take the learnings from five-years with Waterford and try to apply them in some capacity so that Laois can have a couple of players coming through.

"As I said, it’s very much going to be in a supporting role to the already appointed manager and coaching team.

“It’s a means to accelerating my own process and get better at what I didn’t do well when I was involved with Waterford.”

Has he returned to work as a Teacher?

Neer a clue. @anon70480284?

Yeah he has

Wexford Liam Dunne?