Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

Reillys back east again. Was home for the first round. He plays up front for Abeeyleix and is their main man. Big loss.

Rowland is very accurate though. Granted he’s usually got no one near him or hitting dead balls.

He’s some asset though, him and Murphy are the best in the game right now.

Reilly is a great lad. The most knowledgable GK I ever met. Great insights into it and a mine of info on the position. Always credited his auld lad for everything he knew.

He was some player, a massive puck but he was agile as fuck.

Hard to credit Abbeyleix brought through 2 like that in such a short space.

3 Likes

@myboyblue As predicted. RE gave a walk over in the second round of junior c football.

Annanough will be gutted.

The Borris in Ossory v Kilcotton dream final is on.

LAOIS SHC
Rosenallis v Clough Ballacolla
Borris Kilcotton v Rathdowney Errill

Senior Hurling Semi Finals in Laois this weekend.

Rosenallis the surprise package but given the way they’re going it’s hard be surprised these days by them. An amazing club in truth, the work the likes of former Laois player Declan Conroy has done over there should have a manual written about it. They survived in the Senior football with a win over Courtwood a week ago and have their sights set on Clough Ballacolla. They won a Minor B Football Thursday night and added a Junior C Hurling last night (incidentally also against Clough Ballacolla).

Anyway, I’m gonna write them off this weekend. I’ve liked the look of CB this year, Picky is fucking flying it, and then there’s the 2 Willies, Hyland and Dunphy. At the back is where they could be found out you’d fear, but I think this is where Rosenallis’ ship goes to ground.

Borris Kilcotton and Rathdowney Errill in the other one and this could simply come down to one thing, no Mark no party. Mark Kavanagh looks to have picked up a bad arm injury the last day that could end his year if rumors are to be believed. Saying that RE are better equipped than most to be missing a forward.

BK lost time Rosenallis the last day out but we’re already through and you’d wonder how tuned in they were. I’d rarely bet against Rathdowney Errill and even though BK have our beloved PJ back in the line up, I still think they can be a little flaky.

I’ll go with a CB RE final.

In the Premier IHC, Portlaoise will beat Slieve Bloom and The Harps will beat Camross.

In the IHC, Clough Ballacolla should beat Trumera and Borris Kilcotton will beat Rathdowney Errill.

Castletown squeezed through in the Senior Relegation Final last night by a point, sending Cha Dwyers Ballinakill down.

3 Likes

Portlaoise and The Harps correct, they battered their opponents. Annus Horribilus all round for Camross. It would appear they haven’t had a days luck since the infamous county final night of the tooth fairy.

Clough Ballacolla and Borris Kilcotton wrong :no_mouth:

A tremenjus victory for former President Liam O’Neills Trumera over Clough Ballacolla, a club defying belief to still be going given their numbers and age profile.

Clough Ballacolla have lost the Junior C Final and Intermediate Semi Final already this weekend. They’ll not want to make it a hat trick with the Senior to to say the least.

The Champions are gone

That’s what they get for making a mockery of the JFC C. Borris Kilcotton benefitting from taking it seriously last weekend

Agree about Trumera. Amazing club to be winning things from the catchment they have. I was wondering why I had a missed call from a Trumera man last night.

1 Like

He was as drunk as a small brewery no doubt.

Clough Ballacolla beat forum favourites Rosenallis by 8 points

I fancy them to go all the way

He’d have had a few on him I’d say. I know what a small pool they pick from through him. Nice set up there fair play to them.

Kilcruise are gone. Defeated by a Danny Luttrell and Niall Donoher inspired young Courtwood team. Davy Conway did his best but he was on one leg and was subbed twice I believe.

End of an era and I don’t foresee them back anytime soon

Donoher still playing? Fair play after the couple of years he’s put down

Didn’t tog for the opener. Given the young fellas status he was a Covid risk and Niall pulled the pin.

The allure was too much obviously. Tbf both him and the missus would be GAA cracked, but regardless, a fair detail of a young man is Niall.

2 Likes

He’s a gem of a lad according to anyone I’ve spoken to.
Sad night for the “real Arles” as they call themselves. The likes of Chris, Ross, Digger and Davy owe their club and county nothing.

SFC

Ballyfin beat The Heath yesterday evening. Sean Moore for a wee fella is a class act. The Heath will be sick though.

Graigue through against forum favourite Gary Walsh’s Ballylinan. Gary sent off in typically beautiful Gary fashion when ar the death and the game over he fires over a free and promptly turns around and knees fellow county man Brian Byrne in the back :man_shrugging:

Port have won the derby against O’Dempseys.

Portlaoise against Emo. I fancy Emo to slay the beast. Conditions are chronic. Emo love this shit, or used to anyway. Quite a young team, but I suspect the Emo is strong in them.

Ballyfin
Graigue
Port
And one from Emo Portlaoise to come

Laois have chosen to delay the semi finals until after the InterCounty Cship. It’s a decision that is not going down well.

1 Like

Portlaoise 0-5 Emo 0-3 - half time

Emo with the wind to come

It’s on