Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

That seems to be the gist of it alright.

Brendan Bugler being rumoured. Probably means nothing yet, they’ve yet to put together a committee I reckon.

The Galway lad, ex dub corner back? Is he managing now?

He was in Eddie Brennans backroom team, Davy snapped him up for Wexford post “stooks”.

He’s still with Big Darragh Egan.

Cheddar giving a lot of excuses there

Chedd is hurting.

Ollie Baker and Paddy Stapleton will be looking over their shoulders, I’d say Woolie has been on the phone to Cheddar already.

Ollie is already in situ in Durrow

I hope you like sweepers

In fairness he trained the Clare 20s this year and had them primed both days without a sweeper for the most part which I thought is a sign of growth.

1 Like

Fair enough. He will also be totally and utterly committed

The Laois public have spoken.

Davy and Willie.

It’s on

No real love for Mullins?

Mullins would be class. I’d be delighted to get him. But hard to see him leave the Limerick bubble until Kielys successor is annointed.

Wouldn’t read into a poll in the Leinster, half those people wouldn’t know who a Mullins was.

Derek McGrath is the preferred choice in fairness.

Derek would be a great choice. He’s an absolute gem. Someone who genuinely cares for the players under his control and wants to develop them as humans as well as hurlers. We’ve been lucky to have him the past few years.

2 Likes

He gets a lot of stick but I think he would be a good fit with Laois. Especially given he is involved already with the minors.

Sounds like he’s been heavily influenced Jim Gavin’s approach …

Do you really think the Laois lads would be fit to understand Derek’s instructions?
Fine and dandy looking at TSG when you have a thesaurus handy but when you have to cope with the exuberent verbosity Del espouses you’ll have lads extricating themselves from the panel quam celerrime.

2 Likes