Late Late Show - Tubridy Terror

Quality sounding chairs, can’t wait…

Revealed: Tubridy plumps for Meryl Streep’s 3,000 luxury chair for his Late Late hotseat

The same designer chair used by Meryl Streep in the hit film The Devil Wears Prada will be a part of the new Late Late show set.

RTE has kept a shroud of secrecy over the design of the set since it was announced in May that Ryan Tubridy would be taking over.

But as Friday’s big day nears, the Herald can reveal some of what viewers should expect.

Guests will be sitting on three ‘Fabricius’ armchairs made by German designer Walter Knoll.

Ryan himself will be getting comfortable in the ‘Una’ chair by ICF which are available at a cost of more than 3,000.

The luxurious chair is growing in popularity among studios, and is the exact model used by Streep’s character as the ice queen editor of the fictitious Runway magazine in the hit movie.

Although RTE has been constantly slashing budgets in recent months, it seems no expense was spared for the new format.

The set designers are clearly distinguishing Ryan’s style from that of his predecessor, Pat Kenny.

However, producers are planning to keep to the same winning format of guests and music favoured by viewers over the years.

Set changes include traditional wood panelling set off against psychedelic purple diamonds on a black background, with Tubridy appearing through red curtains and taking his seat at a wooden desk with glass panelling on a raised dais.

The set is just one of many changes the show is undergoing, with a transformation of the Late Late Band as well as bringing back some old favourites from Gay Byrne’s reign as host.

In an interview with RTE Guide last week, Ryan said: "There’s a new set and there will be a house-band.

I’m really happy about that and you will see familiar faces in that line-up." The intro music is a jazzed up version of To Whom It Concerns, the show’s distinctive original theme tune, which was used during Gay Byrne’s time as host until Pat Kenny took over in 1999.

Tubridy has reinstated Gay Byrne’s traditional ‘one for everyone in the audience’ but has decided to stick with the successful format already in place which includes three guests, a couple of musical interludes and a phone in contest.

I will watch this once to sneer at it and then I will never watch it again. What a fucking arsehole that man is.

I felt ill reading that

i presume the houseband will be the camberet quartet that tubridy had on his breakfast show and tubs tonight

Sure who else would employ the cunts?

An Taoiseach confirmed for first guest tonight. For fuck’s sake, I can just picture the cringe fest already.

Tubbs on news talk this morning saying it will be a converstaion instead of a current affairs chat… fooking clown.

Wonder what will the Easy Singles Trio play him on with ?

I’d say he’s delighted that he gets to make a public appearance on prime time television without a hint of a grilling. Perfect for Fianna Fil but a perfect waste of anyone’s time watching it.

Sure isnt Tubridy related to the FF Andrews clan ?

He is indeed. His brother went for the locals for FF in the summer too. Failed miserably.

Them and that Dave McSavage lad are all one family.

[quote=“Rocko”]He is indeed. His brother went for the locals for FF in the summer too. Failed miserably.

Them and that Dave McSavage lad are all one family.[/quote]

That would be the family function from hell.

Tubridy is alright, im looking forward to the show. If he grated me as much as he does some folk round here i wouldn’t bother my hole looking at it.

I don’t mind him as much as some of the folk around here. He is a bit obnoxious but then that’s better than some lad playing to the lowest common denominator crowd.
Good luck to him this evening we need a decent man at the helm of the Late Late institution

Apparently these cunts are about 6 or 7 grand to hire for a wedding. Cunts!

Anyone that wants those cunts at their wedding deserve what they get

I saw them playing after racing in Limerick this year. They weren’t bad, better than your average covers band but that’s about it.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]I don’t mind him as much as some of the folk around here. He is a bit obnoxious but then that’s better than some lad playing to the lowest common denominator crowd.
Good luck to him this evening we need a decent man at the helm of the Late Late institution[/quote]

You two should be banned for that sort of carry-on. The man is a cunt of the highest order. He’s a fucking COTY finalist for fuck’s sake.

Not just obnoxious. He’s a smarmy, arrogant, over-confident, gormless moron. He deserves nothing but contempt. The epitome of everything that is wrong with this country.

[quote=“Rocko”]You two should be banned for that sort of carry-on. The man is a cunt of the highest order. He’s a fucking COTY finalist for fuck’s sake.

Not just obnoxious. He’s a smarmy, arrogant, over-confident, gormless moron. He deserves nothing but contempt. The epitome of everything that is wrong with this country.[/quote]

:wink: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is why he is in charge.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[quote=“Rocko”]You two should be banned for that sort of carry-on. The man is a cunt of the highest order. He’s a fucking COTY finalist for fuck’s sake.

Not just obnoxious. He’s a smarmy, arrogant, over-confident, gormless moron. He deserves nothing but contempt. The epitome of everything that is wrong with this country.[/quote]

Don’t agree Rocko.
There are far more odious cunts knocking around the media in Ireland, must of them haven’t the ability to string two words together no less a thought of any description. He’s in the light entertainment genre and up against the likes of G Ryan “King Cunt” and Derek Mooney- brainless.
I’m not a fan of Tubridy’s by any stretch but there are far worse fuckers out there. Then again maybe I’m just mellowing in my old age and can’t motivate myself to the same level of indignation that you can.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Don’t agree Rocko.
There are far more odious cunts knocking around the media in Ireland, must of them haven’t the ability to string two words together no less a thought of any description. He’s in the light entertainment genre and up against the likes of G Ryan “King Cunt” and Derek Mooney- brainless.
I’m not a fan of Tubridy’s by any stretch but there are far worse fuckers out there. Then again maybe I’m just mellowing in my old age and can’t motivate myself to the same level of indignation that you can.[/quote]

im in perfect agreement with you except for the 2nd half of your last sentance.
I can take or leave Tubridy, i find him easy to watch in small doses abut all presenters are in that category for me, even Ross.
The fact is he has no competition for this role in RTE, none, the options are complete wankers like G Ryan. Tubridy doesn’t rub grandiose in your face like that cunt, i find him normal enough bloke who is unfairly branded because of growing up with some class of a silver spoon.