Late Late Show - Tubridy Terror

[quote=“Rocko”]You two should be banned for that sort of carry-on. The man is a cunt of the highest order. He’s a fucking COTY finalist for fuck’s sake.

Not just obnoxious. He’s a smarmy, arrogant, over-confident, gormless moron. He deserves nothing but contempt. The epitome of everything that is wrong with this country.[/quote]

You can make it happen Rocko. I’d back any decision you make.

[quote=“Rocko”]You two should be banned for that sort of carry-on. The man is a cunt of the highest order. He’s a fucking COTY finalist for fuck’s sake.

Not just obnoxious. He’s a smarmy, arrogant, over-confident, gormless moron. He deserves nothing but contempt. The epitome of everything that is wrong with this country.[/quote]

In the words of John McCain:

And I just wanna say that I couldn’t agree with you more.

The Irish Indo have him splashed across the front page every Saturday nearly with his passion for books. Well if Tubridy has a passion for books then we all should have. He is someone we should all aspire to be.

Never mind that he walked out on his wife and kids because he is such an arrogant egomanic.

Ah he’s a pain in the arse who doesn’t listen to people, is obsessed with a few topics (primarily Clinton and the Kennedys which is no great sign) and has fuck all interest in sport (another poor sign).
He was decent in the slot he used to do in the morning on 2FM but has been promoted out of his appropriate niche by eejits in RTE who seem intent on making overpaid, overexposed stars out of any presenter that can string two sentences together (e.g. Miriam O’Callaghan, Derek Mooney, Charlie Bird).
tubridy will get decent figures for the show but will destroy the remainder of its social significance. Marian Finucane, John Murray, Vincent Browne or Aine Lawlor would all have been better candidates for the job

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]In the words of John McCain:

The Irish Indo have him splashed across the front page every Saturday nearly with his passion for books. Well if Tubridy has a passion for books then we all should have. He is someone we should all aspire to be.

Never mind that he walked out on his wife and kids because he is such an arrogant egomanic.[/quote]

:eek:

Fact?
Or just bullshit conjecture from you Farmer because you dislike the guy?

Fact?
Or just bullshit conjecture from you Farmer because you dislike the guy?[/quote]

Tubridy is a cunt, get over it you posh fook.

[quote=“Georgy Comerford”]Ah he’s a pain in the arse who doesn’t listen to people, is obsessed with a few topics (primarily Clinton and the Kennedys which is no great sign) and has fuck all interest in sport (another poor sign).
He was decent in the slot he used to do in the morning on 2FM but has been promoted out of his appropriate niche by eejits in RTE who seem intent on making overpaid, overexposed stars out of any presenter that can string two sentences together (e.g. Miriam O’Callaghan, Derek Mooney, Charlie Bird).
tubridy will get decent figures for the show but will destroy the remainder of its social significance. Marian Finucane, John Murray, Vincent Browne or Aine Lawlor would all have been better candidates for the job[/quote]

Don’t think 2fm was ever his slot, to be fair to the man he has a modicum of intelligence which immediately rules him out of that habitat.

I’m no fan of the guy but its funny how mcuh he gets up the noses of folks around here

Never mind that he walked out on his wife and kids because he is such an arrogant egomanic.[/quote]

that’s utterly uncalled for.

in fact, for you to have the gall to label anyone as an “arrogant egomanic” (sic) is utterly ridiculous.

despite rocko’s passionate defence, I’m with WBY on this one, any improvement on Kenny is to be welcomed. if you’re going to make the Late Late an entertainment show, at least give it to someone capable of carrying on a conversation on the topic.

Never minded Tubridy used listen to him on 2fm the odd time. But after he split with the wife, when he got famous, he makes me sick. Not because he split with the wife but because for years on the radio you’d have to listen to him rabbiting on bout his beautiful wife and kids a bullshitter of the highest order

[quote=“Georgy Comerford”]Ah he’s a pain in the arse who doesn’t listen to people, is obsessed with a few topics (primarily Clinton and the Kennedys which is no great sign) and has fuck all interest in sport (another poor sign).
tubridy will get decent figures for the show but will destroy the remainder of its social significance. Marian Finucane, John Murray, Vincent Browne or Aine Lawlor would all have been better candidates for the job[/quote]

It’s a decent show and one of the interesting facts about Ireland are how high our current affairs viewing figures are compared to other countries. We watch a lot of current affairs programmes in Ireland per capita, far more than the UK for example.

But RT seem intent on following some crazy model from somewhere else and dumbing down a social institution into a light-hearted conversational piece with Cornoation Street stars. Fucking seething.

Fact?
Or just bullshit conjecture from you Farmer because you dislike the guy?[/quote]

That is true.

That is also very true. Still brings up the kids the whole time, doesn’t mention how he walked out.

[quote=“treaty_exile”]that’s utterly uncalled for.

in fact, for you to have the gall to label anyone as an “arrogant egomanic” (sic) is utterly ridiculous.

despite rocko’s passionate defence, I’m with WBY on this one, any improvement on Kenny is to be welcomed. if you’re going to make the Late Late an entertainment show, at least give it to someone capable of carrying on a conversation on the topic.[/quote]

It’s not uncalled for. It is true. He became a big shot, wanted to live the life of a big shot and left his wife and kids. Of course this is irrelevant as to whether or not he is a good presenter but don’t be portraying yourself as a real family man, or newspapers be portraying him as someone we should look up to, because he simply is not.

The best thing about the Late Late for me were the serious debates. Tubridy can’t do that.

I think we should kerb stomp the cunt. Who’s in?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]

The best thing about the Late Late for me were the serious debates. Tubridy can’t do that.[/quote]

Ya but he can tap the table is if doing an imaginary drum roll in a jazz club. That’s gotta count for something?

I shall give Ryan the benefit of the doubt anyway…hope it goes well for him…fuck the begrudgers

when you say he walked out on his kids, does he not see them anymore or has he disowned them?

I’m sure he seems them now and again but he walked out on his family set-up.

Kerb stomp. Crack!!

If no one is in, I’ll do it myself. STOMP!

What the fuck do you know about it?

I know about it.

how can you judge someone as simple as that, are you sure he simply fucked off because that’s what you are trying to portray of the man.
id hazard a guess here that you are talking shit, the man is separated from his wife and while he has a name for having played around you are taking a huge leap to judge the man, unless you can tell me you know him and his family personally.

[quote=“HBV*”]how can you judge someone as simple as that, are you sure he simply fucked off because that’s what you are trying to portray of the man.
id hazard a guess here that you are talking shit, the man is separated from his wife and while he has a name for having played around you are taking a huge leap to judge the man, unless you can tell me you know him and his family personally.[/quote]

I do and the wife wants me to kerb stomp him.