League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

Tis.

We played there for a season when Terryland was being redeveloped. A dire season. Also played in Crowley Park (home of Galwegians) where we had one of our best ever seasons. Eventually finishing 3rd.

I always thought it was Terryland the game was in.

My biggest memory was coming home on the bus and stopping at the two mile inn, the City squad were there on the piss as Limerick was the next stop. Got a load of photos. Alan Ball was a gentleman.

There’s a huge City supporters club in Galway, the biggest in the country after Dublin

1 Like

Congratulations @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Only time i remember us playing Manchester City was in the Sportsgroud in the mid 90s. But perhaps they came to the west of Ireland sometime before that.

I’ll take your word. I was only a gossun.

1 Like

hopefully he has a huge future

he was meant to be the best player in ireland as a teen but didnt fill out as expected so got overlooked, so didnt go overseas, now he has caught up and looks a huge prospect, love it when players come through

4 Likes

The Hoops stood by him and were justly rewarded

2 Likes

that chap is as good as i’ve seen (irish players). He’ll play in the EPL and will score goals

3 Likes

Is that the same time they played in Cork when Cork briefly had the ground in Bishopstown? Got autographs from Ball, Phelan, Uwe Rosler etc.

1 Like

City toured Ireland a lot around that time, they came over a few years in a row. Never saw them in Cork myself but I think they were trying to cash in on Quinner.
Alan Ball a world cup winner. Hope you still have it. A gentleman to his bones

All those autographs long gone. My grandfather used live near there and his neighbour brought me to the match.

The Cork stadium you’re on about is near Curaheen across the road from the greyhound track. I played there against CCFC a few times (reserves), one big stand on the dual carriageway side.

Ah jaysus lad, you let a world cup winners autograph go?

Well done to Rovers and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy best team in league
Dundalks collapse is fascinating

5 Likes

Lots wanted his head not too long ago- some LOI supporters are vv fickle

Feck Dundalk they lost the run of themselves ( club not team)

An Oriel Park is a shit hole and all

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy how good is Bradley? He’s obviously decent, but Dundalk and Cork have blown up in the same time, not winning the league would have been very bad

1 Like

Yep. My grandfather lived nearby. Think the pitch had loads of issues with water logging subsequently??? Cc @Corksfinedtboy

Ah I’ve fucked a lot of things out over the years mate. I’ve lived in about 17/18 different houses since I was 19.

2 Likes

Yanks out

1 Like

Hard one to say, best run club in the league with the best players is the argument against how good he is vs him turning SRFC from duds to back to back champions

2 Likes