League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

True enough but Cork soccer teams in whatever guise have a great failure to live within their means

Their fans are a quite comical collection . The way they call the club “City” is hilarious

They played home games in Santry & Tolka Park and .iirc Dalymount

1 Like

like the harlem globetrotters mate

Hilarious why? Just out of interest?

Cork is a city. The club is Cork City FC?

Sign in John

1 Like

Say “Cork” - there is no united or rovers etc …

I personally think it reflects anglicisation there

1 Like

That is because the clubs are shit and enough fans aren’t paying through the gate

Fucking sick of cunts robbing my content

honestly tho ashman
over the last few years nearly every LOI has gone bust at some stage bar UCD , Rovers now are in a very strong position financially, there is part of me in the future that thinks now you may have a sheriff tirasspol situation here where they become utterly dominant.
Cork, Shels, Derry and Drogheda all had the exact same fate in the 00s…bohs , pats harps and sligo kind of plod along and then you have the limerick cobh bray waterford cabo galways (they had 3 teams once) athlone Longford who never really quiet know in November if they will exist in feburary.
anything now seems possible at dundalk , I see Daniel clearly is off to St Johnstone now and the whole squad are gone on frees . , will they even come back fully pro?
going toe to toe with Zenith seems a long time ago now

this is nonsense.

how many GAA club games would get more than 2k attendance a year and they only play 5 or 6 championship games max?

the LOI premier clubs are getting on average 2k attendance a week for 30+ games.

most club gaa supporters go to a few novelty games in winter in the championship. Proper league of Ireland fans would go home and away every week and pay a lot more to follow

2 Likes

The clubs referred to in Munster above have in the main been very badly ran over the last 2 decades . Support can be flaky .

Another saying otherwise is delusional & I am a LOI fan

because they are badly run, and yet still they get average of 2k per year.

Cork City were getting 5k per week only a few years ago, you can’t blame supporters

1 Like

I agree with you fully . The LOI was largely won in the noughties by Dublin clubs who surfed the property boom and were badly burnt

They are now operating a more sustainable model to be fair

In the last few years Limerick and Cork both tanked and Warterford seem a soap opera . The game with UCD will be fascinating

Did Cork get 5k on average this season gone ?? They did in their nelly

they got over 1k average attendance, which would put them behind Derry and Rovers only in the Premier league.

Cork probably have the most loyal core following of them all, given the absolute shambles and the amount of times they’ve been fucked over

What has the GAA got to do with this . You are introducing a straw man here

Hold on a second Cork were crowing about being a model club , sustainable ran by fans after the calamity a decade back .

Not so

2 Likes

I asked you a question about how many GAA club games would get over 2k when they play less than 10 meaningful games a year?

You’re blaming LOI fans for the problems. I’m putting context on it, going to 30+ games a season isn’t cheap. When the club is badly run the incentive to do it isn’t there.

You can blame a lot of things, but blaming supporters is a nonsense

I didn’t blame fans I said not enough pay at the stiles
I said not enough supporters pay at the stiles to make the clubs viable . Those running the clubs don’t cut their cloth accordingly .

The outcome rarely ends well