League Sunday Thread

Stephen Brenner ?? He made an awful boo boo in the first 5 minutes in that game . A chap called Garvan McCarthy pulled a weak shot .

Ger Canning exclaimed “what a debut” about McCarthy after that “shot”.

Camogie-esque play and camogie-esque commentary.

Was his first name Stephen or Johnny? I can’t remember. Yeah he let in a very bad goal in the Munster final, anyway. Ball rolled into him on the ground and it went in under his legs.

Not an exaggeration to say if they had a Stephen O’Keeffe back then they’d have possibly won an AI. Aunties, balls, uncles and all that.

Their entire defence those years was poor enough . The current full back line with the noughties forwards would have be some outfit .

Gone fierce gaunt-looking?

John Brenner was absolute bull of a hurler playing centre back/midfield from Tony Brownes u21 team if i’m not too mistaken. Dirtyish blonde hair, very dynamic player if i remember correctly.
@Fagan_ODowd Do i have the right man.

I’d say that’s Tom Fives you are thinking of. He played midfield on that team with Johnny Brenner. Johnny wore a black helmet, Tom played bare headed.

The Brenners were a family of German butchers who settled in Waterford.

Ian O’Regan would be 33 @Fran @Bandage @Mac @dodgy_keeper. Debut in the 2004 AI SF and career never recovered.

Would be if…?

1 Like

Fair fucks to him to be still chasing it. Did he disappear entirely or has he been hanging off panels for the past 15 years or so.

Justin didn’t take to him after that semi final and he never played again under him. There was also an incident where he cost Mount Sion a Munster final when he was blocked down going back across his goal. That didn’t play well either. I think he came back in under Scully Ryan. I’ve a suspicion he might’ve been going out with one of Scullys beautiful daughters at one stage.

5 Likes

There’s more than one way to make a team :clap:

2 Likes

Like yer man who was appointed appointed captain in the Barry’s tea ad :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would give that an informative rating, if only the icons were accessible on desktop mode.

Jacqui Hurley is bigger than Des Cahill :astonished:

Ken neatly surmising why Waterford never won the big one. No pressure in a league final. That’s not how Cody was approaching it I’d imagine.

We’re not like Waterford.

Jackie Tyrrell has a mad steer on him.

A lot of misfunction in the Tipp attack according to Daly.

Good bump - was looking for for this

Was there any marking in this game at all?