League Sunday Thread

Was Ian O’Regan in goal for Waterford around 10 years ago or am I confusing him with someone else?

I think he was thrown into a game against KK in Croke Park. Possibly an AI semi final? Around 2007ish?

That was 2004.

Waterford should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

A ban under the new rule 212 should be the minimum

Is it normal for managers to have wollie hats with their initials on them? (Jackets I can understand)

Credit to Derek McGrath, he even came up with an holistic way of throwing a game.

1 Like

Loughnane makes a valid point,

Why bring on those lads at the end.

The RTE coverage of this is shameful, again the bullshit commentary from Gerlock and Brennan was longer than the highlights reel for the KK WX game

1 Like

Loughnane cant talk about team selections.

1 Like

Shane McGrath in co-commentary on the wireless alongside the great Brian Carthy today was saying O’Regan’s inexperience showed for the penalty concession and that Stephen O’Keeffe would have dealt with the ball in - hence my earlier question.

Michael is right to point out that there’s 3 division 1 teams in the semi finals

Looks like the same lad. He must be mid 30s.

I don’t remember Dublin ever beating Clare in Clare in hurling and I’m pretty sure it’ll never happen in my lifetime.

Somebody will probably provide a link to a Dublin win in Clare that I don’t remember.

Ian O’Regan is as old as I am.

He made his debut in 2004 as far as I know

1 Like

He was pretty funny running out of the goal for the first goal too.

The tracksuit bottoms didn’t help.

The highlights that they show tell you absolutely nothing about the story of the game either. Waterford suddenly marched into a huge lead against Galway in the first half and before you know it Galway are back level.

It was 2004.

They dropped Johnny Brenner after the Munster final against Cork and threw O’Regan in from the cold against Kilkenny in Croke Park - it was the day John Mullane was absent through suspension afaik.

I’d say he played in goal for Waterford before Clinton Hennessy .