Leaving Cert Results

Thanks mate, as you know yourself from coaching, U12 semi finals are tough battles, but our boys are prepared to die for the jersey.

:grin:

1 Like

Well boss . Did you log on yer?

Imgur

You can repeat the leaving but you can’t repeat your last year of minor hurling .

:rollseyes:

Thought you might bite .

I see a girl from Drom got 8H1s.

There’s an article on Limerick Leader site

What the fuck is a H1?

1 Like

All the grades got an overhaul this year.

H1-6 ?
01-6?

The old familiar grading system – A1, B2, C3 – is replaced with grades from H1 to H8 (for higher-level subjects) and from O1 to O8 (for ordinary level subjects).

In all, there are a total of eight grades available this year at higher and ordinary level separated by margins of 10 per cent.

This compares to 14 under the old system, typically separated by margins of 5 per cent.

For example, a student at higher level who scores between 90 and 100 per cent will score a H1 under the new system, while a student who scores between 80 and 90 per cent will receive a H2.

One of the biggest changes is an old E grade is no longer an automatic fail: under the new system students get 37 points for grades between 30-39 per cent (a H7 under the new system).

Lousy. Poor oul @Mac would’ve had a few passes to his name if this was in place back in his day.

4 Likes

Given this new points system I will have to reevaluate the acceptable number of points.

What was the previous acceptable amount?

525, which was the old 500 standard before bonus maths marks.

1 Like

I only got 425 when I did it :confused:

You brought great shame on your family.

3 Likes

I remember nearly choking and crying when I opened my envelope and saw I only got B1s in higher Irish and Maths. Managing to hold back the tears, retain my composure and pretend I was happy with my pathetic results in a strange way proved I had the resilience and resolve to achieve anything in life. It’s no wonder I’m such a fantastic negotiator in business deals now.

3 Likes

I find that’s it’s extremely hard to accept mediocrity from others when you set such high standards for yourself

Brave fenian sort

2 Likes