Leaving Cert Results

All these geeky cunts on the front pages of the papers on Thursday morning with their 600 points.

ā€œIā€™m so shocked. I was sure I only got a B1 in higher level physics.ā€

Good luck to all those who didnā€™t do a tap all year and are bricking it now.

THE BEST OF LUCK LEAEING CERT STUDANTS

Expect to see a lot of this in the media to day

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationpicturegalleries/10244946/A-level-results-in-pictures-girls-jumping-for-joy.html?frame=2644750

Always brings this to mind oddly enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2AXWGg-tt8

@gaamad1996
How did you get on?

The very best of luck to all posters getting results today. I am aware of some posters who have taken a younger lover so best of luck to the wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners of posters also.

+1.

It was about this time in 1999 that @Appendage and I made our way to St Peterā€™s College, Wexford, to collect our envelopes.

I remember being appalled by my 550 point result but, as many personalities are saying on social media this morning, I didnā€™t let this shocking performance define me.

I rebounded strongly and Iā€™m now a businessman.

[QUOTE=ā€œBartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999428, member: 9ā€]+1.

It was about this time in 1999 that @Appendage and I made our way to St Peterā€™s College, Wexford, to collect our envelopes.

I remember being appalled by my 550 point result but, as many personalities are saying on social media this morning, I didnā€™t let this shocking performance define me.

I rebounded strongly and Iā€™m now a businessman.[/QUOTE]
Did you get an A1 in Economics* despite only doing the exam for the laugh, never having studied the subject until the day before? Did you drink a 1.5 litre bottle of home brew lager during said exam? The answer to these questions, in my case, is yes.

*ordinary level

God, you are well into your 30ā€™s :eek:

Ah leaving cert results night, its like Christmas for Larry Murphy wannabeā€™s:D

Iā€™ll be 33 next month, pal. Looking forward to eating some baked goods to mark the occasion.

The word on the street from Gorey this morning is that @gaamad1996 got the same points total as your self Barti. The world is his oyster :clap:

You mean @myboyblue[/USER] and possibly [USER=129]@Thrawneen

I hope the young man delivers upon his vast potential.

Congratulations, @gaamad1996.

Well are you happy

Happy enough, Joe but it will be a nervous wait until Letterkenny IT sends me an invite to their Tourism & Marketing Cert course.

Young wans togging out hand jobs down town. The place is a disgrace.

You be fine. Welldone

Reading there that Conor Gallagher of St Micahelā€™s College, Ailesbury Road got the best results in the country - 9 A1ā€™s. It mentions that his parents Paul and Blathna are originally from Co. Kerry. I take it thatā€™s Paul Gallagher S.C., former Attorney General and Rory McIlroyā€™s hired gun for his upcoming joust with Conor Ridge and Horizon Sports Management.

[QUOTE=ā€œBartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999520, member: 9ā€]I hope the young man delivers upon his vast potential.

Congratulations, @gaamad1996.[/QUOTE]

Thanks @carryharry[/USER] [USER=109]@Mac[/USER] and @Bandage / @Dirty Pants Walter / [USER=9]@Bartosz Bereszynskiego

Yes I got 550, delighted with that. I was always hoping to break 500 so I achieved that.

I know itā€™s a bit bizarre but Iā€™m home and hosed for my college place. Arts in UCD (history and politics) was 340 points last year. Trinity was considered but the location in the big smoke didnā€™t appeal to me and its reputation. I went for UCD for a number of reasons.

Itā€™s only 45 minutes up the road.
Its female population is outstanding.
I admire its History lecturers (Ferriter/Rouse). They could aid me in my study of Gaelic Sunday 1918.
UCD GAA has provisionally offered me an administrative bursary to work with the organisation of its teams.
RTƉ is only across the road. This suits me because late night Sunday Game production runner shifts are imminent.

Thatā€™s about it. I think my on-campus accommodation is sorted (UCD Belgrove). Give me a shout if there are any TFKs about for a drink. Iā€™ll end this narcissistic post now.

[QUOTE=ā€œgaamad1996, post: 1000640, member: 1757ā€]Thanks @carryharry[/USER] [USER=109]@Mac[/USER] and @Bandage / @Dirty Pants Walter / [USER=9]@Bartosz Bereszynskiego

Yes I got 550, delighted with that. I was always hoping to break 500 so I achieved that.

I know itā€™s a bit bizarre but Iā€™m home and hosed for my college place. Arts in UCD (history and politics) was 340 points last year. Trinity was considered but the location in the big smoke didnā€™t appeal to me and its reputation. I went for UCD for a number of reasons.

Itā€™s only 45 minutes up the road.
I admire its History lecturers (Ferriter/Rouse). They could aid me in my study of Gaelic Sunday 1918.
UCD GAA has provisionally offered me an administrative bursary to work with the organisation of its teams.
RTƉ is only across the road, which suits because of the late night Sunday Game production runner shifts, which are imminent.

Thatā€™s about it. I think my on-campus accommodation is sorted (UCD Belgrove). Give me a shout if there any TFKs about for a drink. Iā€™ll end this narcissistic post now.[/QUOTE]

:clap:

You should get involved with the Dublin branch of the Wexford Supporters Club, theyā€™re always looking for new people to get involved. Iā€™d say you know some of the lads involved already.