Leaving cert worriers

Good luck to any parent on here’ or their relatives who have a young boy or girl who are waiting on the leaving cert results,
It’s fuckin worse than waiting on your first baba to arrive

16 Likes

All the best mate been there twice only thing I’ll say is that things move very quickly once the results are out and it’ll be quickly forgotten once CAO offers next steps etc become clearer

2 Likes

Tis all a cod lads.

5 Likes

Hope all goes ok for junior

1 Like

Thanks bud

Not a cod for the average students or those scraping things, then again yes it’s a cod but a hurdle nevertheless, as any parent can testify

Couldn’t go through this again tbh I’m a wreck he seems to be grand

Best of luck to all the TFK LCers.

1 Like

He’ll be grand I’m sure. Nothing he or you can do about it now. Get the results and then focus on the next steps.

2 Likes

it’s only a passport, you can still end up in whatever field you want.

2 Likes

335 points so enough for Arts :pray: hopefully
Leading to teaching (:pray::pray:
Got equivalent to a B in History and English ( exactly what he wants to teach)
Considering that the bollox only hit the books a few months ago it’s fine

32 Likes

Brilliant stuff. Well done!

1 Like

Think the threat of an apprenticeship in bricklaying with his older brother got him over the line

2 Likes

If hes doing Arts he might end up at the bricklaying yet.

Congrats!

4 Likes

:+1::joy::joy:🪜

Thanks

The sister went back and did Chemistry and Biology with a view to going back to study Pharmacy. She absolutely smashed it out of the park with a Grade 1 and grade 3. She’s back to university for 5 years now.

14 Likes

Relieved isn’t the word, I was up a hoist at 4 o clock and had to cancel the job,feckin nerves all over the place

3 Likes

I remember the morning of my own the parents dragging me out of bed to get me down to the school. I knew I was grand. They were the ones doing the worrying.

FWIW, I did Arts back in the day. It’s what I wanted to do, because aside from some vague aspirations to be a journalist, I was barely 17 and didn’t have a clue what I wanted to do. And for all the jokes about it, I’m glad I did it. Classmates are now doing a range of different things, ranging from the obvious ones like teaching/lecturing to working in various aspects of the media, data analytics, business, psychology, youth work and so on.

6 Likes