Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

They beat Clare because Clare had five very difficult championship games to get an all Ireland q/f.

Kilkenny had walk over after walk over until the all Ireland semi final.

Tiredness catches clare out eventually.

Is it next year that this dirt is going to Sunday and the famed Munster final is moving to Saturday evening? Surely this puts an end to such a nonsense move .

5 Likes

You’re talking about two completely different eras.

I’m open to correction but when Galway seniors got straight into all Ireland semi finals it was straight knock out for everyone so a very different type of competition with no round robins and likely a months gap between between a lot of the games.

This would make a lovely curtain raiser to a Joe McDonagh cup game

5 Likes

Hopefully it’s on 12 o clock on a Saturday to ram it home.

This format cannot continue.

Cody is elite by any metric you want to use. He is to KK what Gillane is to Limerick.

3 Likes

Yet he misses the goals gillane scores for all he maybe as important to his side.

What era are you talking about? Give me the years. Galway got straight to a semi until 96, and then straight to a quarter for a few years (2002, I think).

So if Limerick lose tomorrow we are fucked

I get what you’re saying but fitness is huge with teams now. i think you are underestimating KK.

I’m talking about now.

Since 2018 the format is extremely unfair. 18,19,22, 23 and 24.

We saw in 2021 the last time we’d a proper all Ireland Kilkenny couldn’t get over a fairly awful cork side.

The only reason they got over Clare the last two years is because of this round robin rubbish.

No you mentioned the Galway minors. What era were you speaking about there?

Kilkenny learned fuck all from that game either.

1 Like

@Batigol go easy the feeble mind is overheating

I think the extra game would seriously hurt tbh. The months break is an absolute massive carrot given how many injuries both Limerick and Clare are carrying.

Both have a lot of older players too who could do with a break as well.

Its actually the opposite. Gillane should have more goals scored

Galway only joined Leinster during Covid in minor I think not sure was it 2021.

Kilkenny have just won their 76th Leinster title. Their dominance has nothing to do with the format.

3 Likes

I can accept that but what I can’t accept is the Munster sides having to knock 50 shades of shite out of each other to reach an all Ireland semi final while Kilkenny are arriving at that point with out a test.

Even park Kilkenny. Galway are utterly useless and they still ended up in two all Ireland semi finals because they meet a Munster side in the q/f out on their feet.

If you are keeping this format you space the round robin games two weeks apart to let players recover and get over niggles.

You also play both Munster and Leinster championships on opposites weekends to give them more profile.

You bin off league semi finals and finals. You bin off the Joe mcdonagh round v the 3rd place sides to create room.

At least then players shouldn’t be out on their feet from the schedule.

That result finishes Henry with Galway

9 Likes

I totally agree with you, except you’re writing KK off. they are not as good as previous but they have some serious players and fight like dogs.

2 Likes