Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

Paddy not happy.

Paddy D fuming at the lack of respect shown to Kilkenny.

You also shouldn’t have scenarios where Waterford are facing Limerick who’d two weeks off while Waterford had played Clare seven days earlier.

Imagine if you had one team in the final playing an all Ireland semi final a week before and the other team in the final had two weeks off. There would be uproar.

It’s very unfair.

I admire Kilkenny for their effort but they literally drew with Carlow a few weeks ago.

Limerick run through Paddy like a turnstile

In 2020 and 2021 Kilkenny lost both semi finals to Munster sides in a more traditional championship format.

I’ve no doubt Clare would have done the same if they hadn’t endured such a gruelling championship coming into the semi final the past two years.

Dublin hurling. What is the point. That was just pathetic.

1 Like

I would be interested to know if you picked the fifteen best hurlers in Dublin how many are actually on the field today.

I assume there’s 6 or 7 playing football with Dublin and possibly a few more not committed for other reasons.

Lads on KCLR very confident KK are genuine AI contenders.

They then asserted that Offaly or Laois would have beaten Dublin today.

Said Wex won’t fear Cork or Clare…

Odd takes

1 Like

Fear. What a fucking cliche.

1 Like

Is it Clare Wexford and Cork Dublin now?

I’d agree with all that.

1 Like

Simple facts are Kilkenny will likely face Limerick or Clare who’ll have one hand tied behind their back going into the fight.

I’d agree with sentiments after the first one.

KK aren’t any better than two years ago.

You champion Carlow and/or Waterford hurling.

If you were to go back through the books to see if there was an arguable “point” to those counties keeping at it I dunno would you say different

1 Like

That’s an opinion not a fact. But sure then you know that. Or maybe you don’t.

Anyway, Waterford and Tipp are the equivalent of Carlow and Antrim.

You’d have to question the need for all the funding Dublin hurlers get . They clearly don’t need it

1 Like

Lols

Waterford have been split seasoned like Derry.

They just don’t to have the depth to compete in the round robin.

In the Last 3 normal all Irelands they’ve been in the top 3 in the country.

A classic example of the genre.

@BruidheanChaorthainn you must have had a nice bet on Dublin to be getting this upset.

Dublin aren’t going to make their breakthrough against Kilkenny in a Leinster final. They’ll need to meet Wexford or Galway or someone.

Kilkenny are warriors.

5 Likes