No shit Sherlock

No shit .

Galway
Kilkenny
Wexford
Dublin
Offaly
Laois

Actually, I think Iā€™m wrong here. Do the Christy Ring finalists, or at least the winner, get parachuted in after the provincial championships and before the quarter finals?

That Guiney news has been rumoured for a few days. Despite his injury, he was with the squad for all the league games I was at - casually pucking around pre game with other injured players in his jeans - so the timing seems odd given heā€™s back playing with Rathnure. He played centre back at the weekend in their first championship group game. Iā€™m not aware of any of the other long-term injured players officially being released from the panel. Whatā€™s the story here @padjo, @wexico14?

The Joe McDonagh finalists play the third-placed teams in either province (Iā€™m presuming there will be some sort of nail-biting draw on Radio 1 on a Monday morning). The winners of those games go into the quarter-finals against the provincial final losers.

1 Like

@Bandage I have no idea what the craic is here? Why drop him off panel now if he was playing for Rathnure last weekend, and according to reports he played well. I was at all league games and Jack pucked around with the subs and sat on the bench, he was definitely part of the panel for league.

Yep, came on and got an important late long range free against Cork before his injury too.

Is it this week the squadā€™s in Portugal? Is that why Seoirse Bulfin and the injured David Dunne represented us at the championship launch today?

I think they fly out tomorrow. Bulfin was certainly dressed for warm weather. How are the other injured players coming along?

When is Bulfin not dressed for warm weather, the bollix is never out of shorts

1 Like

Davy must have over 2m spent by now ā€” I believe the Wexford lads are nearing 6000 days straight training/playing ā€¦ think they hit it next Tuesday.

No idea @Bandage, sorry

So much for April being for clubs

My clubā€™s first championship game was postponed at the start of the month. Game was meant to be played in Ferns at 2pm, but they cancelled it at 11am (after lads had travelled from Cork, Galway and Dublin). Ostensibly because pitch was unplayable, however, they somehow manged to play two other games in Ferns later that day. Club were fuming. General belief was that they cancelled our game because neither club have anyone on the hurling panel and so a late April re-fixture wouldnā€™t clash with the training camp abroad. Match was re-fixed for this Friday evening. Low and behold theyā€™ve gone an cancelled it again. This time because it clashes with a Wexford senior footballers versus Wexford U-20 footballers practise game. For Fucksake

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œpadjo, post:35, topic:25991, full:trueā€]This time because it clashes with a Wexford senior footballers versus Wexford U-20 footballers practise game. For Fucksake
[/quote]

Ah ladsā€¦

To be fair to the Limerick County Board + both senior managements; we have managed to run 2 rounds of hurling & 2 rounds of football in April.

We didnā€™t have access to all county players during that time, the Limerick hurlers were on a training camp 2 weeks ago and the footballers were back training fully once the rounds of football were over. But look, theyā€™re less than a month out from Championship, they obviously need to prepare too. The April thing in general is a disaster, but I think theyā€™ve made the best of a bad situation here tbh.

2 Likes

You couldnā€™t make it up. That u20 v senior thing is a disgraceful reason to cancel a club championship match.

2 Likes

Woolly was on about that on the podcast. He rang the Wexford county board for an explanation. They hummed and hawed a bit.

1 Like

images%20(1)

No new injury concerns for Wexford according to the local press. Oā€™Hanlon has been back in full training after missing some club championship matches after the end of the league with a knee injury. He wasnā€™t quite at his best in the league so hopefully heā€™s injury free. David Dunne has/had an ankle problem for a while so not sure if heā€™s ready. What will our starting team be? Itā€™s a disgrace that we havenā€™t a team listed between us compared to the activity of the Limerick posters. Liam Rushe v Liam Ryan should be interesting on Sunday.

1 Like

Think Willie Devereux is ruled out so Donohoe and Reck will be the 2 corner backs. Wonā€™t be any major surprises I believe.

1 Like