Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2023

100%.

They will. But it’ll be on M1 there by Newry.

Antrim have to have a right chance of beating Dublin. If Dublin are weaker this than last year, God help us, because Dublin were scrap last year.

1 Like
1 Like

They’ve a good forward line there backboned by Dunloy plus McManus.

The Dublin backs are hardly as good as Ballyhale’s either.

1 Like

I think Antrim lose on the team announcement formatting anyway. At least it’s readable, I suppose.

Looks like a decent team. They were pipped by Dublin in the league in Parnell. Were well-beaten by Tipp in Corrigan Park, gave Kilkenny a game and beat Laois.

I thought they played well enough against Cork in Championship last year, just struggled to last the pace and Cork had more natural scorers than Antrim when the game opened up.

A few of us were in Portugal a few weeks back and the Dublin hurlers were in the same hotel as us for their warm weather training. I was struck by how young the entire panel looked. I could count on one hand the amount of lads who looked older than 24/25. I had assumed it was an U21 team or something at first until I saw Donoghue there with them

@Mac making it all about himself again… :grinning:

3 Likes

Sure I have to keep up appearances

The core of that starting Dublin team for Sunday are turning 25 this year. They won a leinster minor in 2016. I make it 10/11 of the matchday panel tomorrow were on that squad.

1 Like

Is Chris Crummy injured or retired or what?

Gone traveling

1 Like

If Dublin can’t make the 3rd place spot this year they may as well throw their hat at hurling. They have the crunch Wexford and Galway games at home and all.

They will probably lose to Antrim tomorrow just to set the tone.

This might be a rebuild year but meehawl is a serious manager, mind you hes dealing with a different type of gym mon…hurler than he was previously in galway or tipp

7/2 (seven to two).

Antrim up by 2pts at half time. A pity it isn’t carried anywhere. Will probably be the closest game of the weekend

A right dirty day in Salthill

Many pubs around Wexford town are showing the game this evening. Not like Monaghan anyway (CC: @Bandage).

Could even it up a bit more. Is it windy?

There’ll be a fair breeze in it alright, spitting rain too all day

1 Like

It’s a grand soft day and every day there’s a game is a day of softness for Dublin hurling.