Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2023

Possibly, although there is serious momentum with Offaly now with the U17 & U20 successes, experience the also rans in Leinster who really have nothing to look forward to won’t have. A lot will depend on who is actually over them I guess.

I think Wexford have played Galway, Dublin & Kilkenny in the same sequence in each year there’s been a round robin format. Galway and Dublin up first in that order & Kilkenny last. There may have been some faffing around outside that in terms of when the games were fixed with whoever from Laois/Carlow/Westmeath/Antrim/Offaly was in the upper tier but it’s always been Galway → Dublin → Kilkenny (unless I’m mistaken, @Aertel220?) They could do with changing it up a bit.

In 2019 I thought we played Dublin before Galway. Dublin drew with us with a scuttery last minute 21 and we drew with Galway in a windswept Salthill. Maybe I’m mixing the sequence up though

1 Like

No you’re right, the changed it drastically that year by having us play Carlow first, we took the foot off the pedal and that score difference or lack thereof put us out of the championship when we were tied for points. We play Dublin last every year, terrible preparation for going on to play Munster teams totally different styles. Not sure why the sequence isn’t changed every year.

When does this start?

8 Likes

Could somebody post a link to watch the Wexford match please?

www.Gaago.ie

You can also browse our private page for a link.

It’s not on GAAGO.

1 Like

2018 was the same too. Dublin first, then Offaly on the night of the Champions League final before a chastening 9 point loss at home to Galway. Rory O’ Connor scored a brilliant point from downtown Clonard to inspire Wexford to a 2 point win against Dublin in 2018.

We’ve played Kilkenny on the final day of every round robin so far though. 2018 the only forgettable one when we threw away a 10 point lead to lose by 1.

1.6 to 0.1 up after 15. Westmeath are brutal. Mac, Rory and Mikie in deep and making shite of them

1 Like

Second goal for Mac, both put on a plate by Rory. 2.10 to 0.2

2-15 to 5 points at half time

Sounds all too easy. Lets hope we keep going in the 2nd half.

Zero intensity at all in it. Ref giving them a lot of handy frees thats the only thing going for their scores

Lads this ref is quare bad. He hasnt a notion as to whats going on. Shit game beimg made even worse by him. Chris mooney from Dublin

Never heard of him

Jacko missed a penalty, awful effort

Weve been outscored 1.8 to 4pts in the 2nd half

Another goal for them. Awful stuff. They’re useless and we’re only barely better. Not going for anything at all, no urgency at all. We’ll win, but we should be winning by 27, not 7

1 Like