Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2023

That’ll probably require us to beat Kilkenny. Think we need Westmeath to beat Antrim otherwise.

Is there a relegation final?

I don’t think so but could be wrong.

A Joe McDonagh title might be the only national title we’ll win for the foreseeable. I think there was some vague possibility of relegation to the Christy Ring back around 2009 when we played Clare in a relegation semi-final but this time it’s for real. I’d give Antrim at least a 60% chance of winning in Mullingar. A sad conclusion to the BDE era.

Congrats to @Bod95. You still involved with Westmeath?

BDE chances of a third year would have to have lessen a bit now

I think you’re right, bottom gets relegated

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again, this GAA championship media deal is disgraceful. A visual blackout of one of the biggest shocks in the history of hurling, with RTE instead showing the Munster championship where 75% of competing teams qualify. Every senior-intercounty championship game should be viewable on a competing county’s platform as a season ticket offering at a bare minimum.

Not this year, I saw the HT score and was like they’ve really regressed from last year, some turnaround

Bring back Davy!

He was working miracles

Next year, 2024 will mark the 28th anniversary of the last Wexford All Ireland win in 1996, which in turn marked the 28th anniversary of the previous All Ireland win on 1968. Be nice symmetry to all that to see Wexford win some national silverware next year in the Joe McDonagh Cup.

14 Likes

Incredible

Be some cod of a Leinster Championship next year with Wexford relegated. Hardly worth playing it in fairness.

1 Like

Hardly worth playing this year ffs

It’s the ABM championship now.

Anything But Munster.

It’s approaching the Connacht championship

@Cheasty @Fagan_ODowd and other learned hurling types.

Is a 17 point second half margin the biggest turnaround in championship hurling? I can’t recall a team leading by such a margin and conspiring to lose

Wexford came from 15 points down in a league final in the 50s v Tipperary. Maybe @Fagan_ODowd would remember it.

1 Like

Limerick Tipperary 1996 all come back to win from 10 points down.
Limerick Waterford 2001 Limerick come back from 11 points down.

They are two big ones that immediately spring to mind.

Limerick were ten points down the day of Liam Sealy Sheedy as well

1 Like