Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2023

Back to back 1000 ginnys for the great Dermot Weld

We still would have based on score difference if three teams in 7

NBC in the US do that with all the Premier League games. As soon as their feature game finishes they immediately switch to the last couple of minutes of a game that’s still on, and then they switch again if there’s another game elsewhere still on.

Mattie Kenny 2.0, a Dublin manager working all year solely to give two fingers to the galway county board. He almost got there

1 Like

Looks like a furnace in Limerick, how will the teams cope, these lads have to get up and go to work in the morning

Fuck Kilkenny

3 Likes

Beautiful aerial shots there. The Greenhills hotel looking resplendent in the distance.

1 Like

You could seethe M18 heading up into Clare on this beautiful summers day

Kilkenny ruined the chances of a classic Joe McDonagh final next year between Wex and Offaly.

1 Like

Hon the useless Galway cunts

Westmeath lost by 22 points to Kilkenny, by 12 points to Dublin, by 34 points to Galway and by 14 points to Antrim. How in the name of God did Wexford conspire to lost to Westmeath with a 17 point lead just before half time and Westmeath not scoring in the first half.

For that alone, Wexford would have deserved relegation if that was their fate today. Relief all round that Wexford survive. As you said, it would have been an utter cod if Wexford conspired to get themselves relegated instead of Westmeath.

2 Likes

Count me back in. That was unreal.

I thought Lee Chin was absolutely unbelievable and Liam Og McGovern delivered a Tour de France.

We made some basic mistakes at times but they kept battling, which is all you want. We’re pretty loose at the back without Reck x2 & Paudie Foley & will need to bring through some defensive players.

We struggle in the air defensively but we also went back to basics & really launched high balls on top of them to great effect. We had to mix it up against the gale after half time & O’Keeffe did a very sound job in that deeper/sweeper role & McGovern did really well driving forward. Oisin Foley also had a big second half.

Some very important cameos too. Dunbar with a savage line ball & then another late point (our last one?) & Conor Hearne had a really strong impact, getting on breaks & setting up attacks.

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again, what a shambolic media deal with that game not shown on any platform. Who in GAAGO decided to drop this from coverage this week? Surely the story was worthy of broadcast whatever way it transpired
Wexford going down or saving themselves. Bizarre stuff.

And surely the Leinster Council need to mix up the sequencing of games. We’d like our customary two points against Kilkenny at the start of a campaign to give our season some impetus.

13 Likes

Parallels with Liverpool’s season

1 Like

A must win for Henry at the weekend. Nothing less will suffice. Hard to see any definite style emerging under him, the link up play against Dublin was abysmal as were some of the long range attempts at points.

Hearing KK have some injury worries which should strengthen our case but we’ve our own worries with Cathal Mannion who despite all the criticism has been a key ingredient in some of our better displays in recent years.

I think we’ll get a performance from Galway and we’ll create plenty chances
whether our accuracy will be good enough is another story.

11 Likes

We’re going to do it.

I heard Butler and Mullen are both fit enough to at least make up the matchday panel on Sunday. They’ve lulled us into a false sense of security even after we put on an all time horrific half of hurling against the coddlers.

I fear Shefflin will learn nothing from 2 weeks ago and we’ll be kept at arms length all match.

A fair preview analysis I would say :+1:
:latvia: Gaillimh AbĂș

Don’t know about Butler but I heard Mullen will do well to play with KK this year again. Thumb badly broken is what I was told.

Mullen definitely out.

You wouldn’t know with Butler. I hear he’s a bit of a character. Raised by both sets of grandparents but still plays for O’Loughlins. City lad obviously but renting a dairy farm near Knocktopher. A want-to-be farmer.

If Galway don’t win this by at least 5/6 points then they can forget about whatever systems/administration/mgt they are trying to put together. This will be Kilkenny at their lowest ebb since 1996.