Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2023

Farm Manager ?

If he has taken on a lease then he is a farmer. Youā€™d want serious backing to do it these days

Thereā€™s plenty of talk this morning that Mullen could be strapped heavily and still start if they need him. Will go down to the wire but the injury isnā€™t as bad as they thought initially.

I hurled with a fella who had no thumb on his catching hand. It didnā€™t impact him much.

Itā€™s did lead to an odd stance when hitching lifts though.

9 Likes

Itā€™s the pain is the killer though.

I donā€™t know the financial details but heā€™s doing the milking and general day to day stuff.

Is there nowhere Galway can play Whelan other than the full forward line? His movement off the ball is as bad as iv seen, his main tactic seems to be to get in front of his man, do a loop around him and return to where he started. Giving him the same sort of role as SOD with Clare might get him involved a bit more and away from the oppositions tightest markers.

3 Likes

I imagined when I was younger that I might like to be a farmer when I got older. The innocence of youth. A hard life Iā€™d say.

The only Kilkenny injury/casualty update list that matters around here is from @Locke.

Could they not bring back one of the Oā€™Connor brothers to mark Conor Cooney?

They definitely need to have him more involved in the play but heā€™s a very different type of player/athlete than Oā€™Donnell

Almost all of galways forwards do that and have traditionally, win it and run out in a semi circle and shoot over the shoulder without looking to pass. Whelan actually can take lads on we just never have the support runners when him or maybe Concannon (or now Kevin Cooney) do this. We arenā€™t wired to work goal chances like tipp always are.

1 Like

An absolutely must win game for KH and Galway on Sunday. The omens are not good. Am I right in saying thatā€™s itā€™s only wan win in Croke Park since that magical day in September 2017?

Weā€™ll need the likes of Monaghan to have a stormer and Conor Cooney to give his head a wobble if weā€™re to get over the line. I donā€™t fancy us at all going the other route. Itā€™s very winnable, but Iā€™m not overly optimistic.

1 Like

Donā€™t be poisoning us with this sentiment. It took savage work but my head is in a great place

Henry will be in their heads and they are all scared shitless of Daithi so I expect the likes of Flynn and Cooney to lay down the gauntlet early.

1 Like

Youā€™ve gone full Mayo4Sam delusional here. It can still be kicked out of ya by a cough softening trip to Thurles though.

1 Like

Oh Christ the thought of if

Halloween 2020 against Wexford? I know Flatty is a huge KH fan but Iā€™m still quite sceptical of his progress (if any) in Galway. This is a defining game. Lose this and youā€™re potentially looking at Tipp in the quarters and Limerick in the semiā€™s. I canā€™t see Galway surviving that route. A victory, some silverware and a 50-50 semi-final with Clare is a far more appetising run.

5 Likes

There are a pair of brothers in the Galway set-up who Iā€™m always dubious of in terms of their character. They have given huge displays in the past, but they are also capable of going about their business in a very stroppy way with minimal interest. Who knows what they will do Sunday but Iā€™m not sure having lads like that about the panel is helping.

1 Like

You referring to the Mannionā€™s here? A tad harsh.

Tā€™wod be harsh on the Mannionā€™s. Two savage hurlers. Maybe he doesnā€™t like the cut of the Murphy twins jib.

1 Like