Leinster Senior Schools Cup Rugby - Official Thread

Another win for Team Kinahan

@gilgamboa knew

He did untold in defence in the second half

Hes a ridiculous talent. Would be a Lions starter this summer if they were touring.

Billy is now with the Oirish 7 a side rugby team.

2 Likes

Do you feel vindicated?

Yes.

1 Like

Was that based on this year Fagan?

Billy never reached the heights expected sadly.

Jaysus I’d say a life flitting from warm city to warm city playing seven a side rugby where you don’t get battered to death like you do in the 15 a side game is doing pretty ok for yourself.

Billy just did not have size for the professional game. Maybe that says more about what is wrong with rugby union in its present guise. Best school boys player I have seen at Terenure.

2 Likes

Seven a side rugby is absolutely fucking brutal.
So are the hurling sevens mind, but rugby is worse.

A Clash of the Titans to get the 2022 renewal under way on Sunday.

4 Likes

TG4 should be showing this .

1 Like

On a slightly related note. I went to see pres playing during the week. The future of Cork gaa was the star of the show for pres. A tour de France from full back. He will play no hurling for Cork unfortunately. Star in the making

1 Like

He was playing for the Cork U-20s last week?

Only in 5th Year. Our lads played them before Christmas. They had never heard of him. I was telling them to watch out for the 10 built like a brick shit house.

He was at an Ireland camp that weekend. They were talking to the coaches down there. They said hurling is his preference and they are just happy to have him at all.

Cant see him not going down the professional route though.

1 Like

Was there a Tony Ward Schools Cup special in the Indo this week? It’s the only occasion really I’d ever go out and buy the Indo.

These fellas who can play anything would make you sick :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

A fantastic footballer aswell Im told